Excuse my ignorance, but...............leg bands...which leg?

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
Does it matter which leg the band goes on for showing?
smile.png

Last edited:
I'd kinda like to know myself. I probably won't ever have show quality birds but.....

Personally I put it on the left leg, except if I have 2 almost-identical birds (my Buff Orpingtons) then it's "righty" and "lefty"
tongue.png

Quote:
mine are numbered too I can say that the Buff's in question are probably numbers 12 and 14, but at a glance in the yard it's easier just to check which leg it's on
tongue.png

I believe it is on the right leg. In 85% of all birds I've seen at shows it is the right leg. Could be either though, so if I'm wrong then it doesn't matter.
wink.png

I only wish. I've got babies due then, and I have nothing old enough to show right now. Well, I do, but my family doesn't want me to put her through that. She's never been off the property, and my family is worried it will scare her way too much. Originally I was going to, though, to go see and pick up some Ameraucanas, but Monroe is kinda far. We've already been driving off to pick up some eggs a lot.

I was hoping to make it, but alas, prior obligations (from 6 months ago) that I had *tried* to forget about prevent it. I am planning on making it to, and hopefully showing at, some later shows.

It doesnt matter on what leg you put the band on..
I myself put the Roosters bands on the Right leg and the Hens get there bands on the Left leg...
I also use wing bands and I put them in all the birds Right Wing...

Chris

Back
Top Bottom