1. SimplcitiyAltered

SimplcitiyAltered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Grand Ridge, Iillinois
    I have been going through posts and have been amazed by the number of people who are owned by parrots.

We are owned by several personal and several Sanctuary birds we have seen many parrots come through our door as we do Sanctuary and Rescue work.

So I would like to see some of your babies. I will start off with the ones who own us...

Our Flock

Kady she was our very first bird (lovebird)

[​IMG]

Delilah is a Sanctuary bird who now lives happily with Kady. (lovebird)

[​IMG]

Bub We waited awhile for this lil guy to come along (lovebird)

[​IMG]

Snookums is a Sanctuary Bird (budgie)

[​IMG]

Sterling is also a Sanctuary Bird (budgie) (right)

Azzurra yep Sanctuary bird (budgie) (left)

[​IMG]

BB is one of our personal birds who adores her cage mates. (budgie)

[​IMG]

Cayenne is the lover of all birds he is also a sanctuary bird (conure)

[​IMG]

Jacob is the apple of my eye he is also a sanctuary bird (conure)

[​IMG]

Sumoc came to us at 5 months old after going through 3 homes he is a sanctuary bird as well (conure)

[​IMG]

Cinders is a rowdy lil guy he is also a sanctuary bird (conure)

[​IMG]

Charro is a 26 year old handful he is a sanctuary bird (macaw)

[​IMG]

Stevie this boy is a riot and a bit of a weirdo he is a sanctuary bird as well (macaw)

[​IMG]

Zambuka is the baby of the macaw flock (macaw)

[​IMG]

Doran lost his mate and was brought here to live out his days as a sanctuary bird (grass keet)

[​IMG]

Kalia she came from the woman we recieved Zambuka from after she learned how much work it took to make them happy she was placed in sanctuary since her previous owner knew she would be well loved here (congo african grey)

[​IMG]

Barna anyone who has visited the Omaha Zoo may remember her as Barney she was then transfered to Washington Park Zoo in Michigan City, IN. where she was then known as Barna. She is with us now and is a sanctuary bird. (BF Amazon)

[​IMG]

At this time all of our rescued birds who were in need of home have all been adopted 12 went to thier forever homes this past year.

Ok now lets see your babies.

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't have any birds of my own at this point, but I do work at a friend's sanctuary, and I feel like many of the birds are mine! (Sometimes I wish I could provide homes for some of them, but at this point of my life it would just not work out)

Here's some pictures of them. I have hundreds!

This is Dennis and Emma. Emma is on the right and Dennis on the left. both were extremely sweet when we first got them in. Emma is still a sweetheart, but Dennis has tried to attack me several times. He got a hold of my finger a few months ago and bit me HARD! I think he has a lot of mental issues, as he is also quite the plucker.

[​IMG]

This is Snowy. She is a bare eye cockatoo and such a sweety!

[​IMG]

This is Reggie. He took a liking to me and won't really go to anyone else. He's a real cuddle bug, but quite a pig!

[​IMG]

This is Smoochy. he came to us after his owner passed away. He was a biter but we have gotten him to the point where you can stick your fingers in his mouth and he'll give you kisses all day! One of my favorites at the sanctuary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my absolute favorite bird, Big Bird. He's such a ham for the camera, and he loves to be cuddled all day long. We've become very attached to each other and he'll do things for me that he will not do for anyone else. I can do just about anything with him and he doesn't even think about biting. He's about 18 yrs old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How could you resist such a face?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Gus
    [​IMG]

This is Athena
    [​IMG]

This is Jazz, who's idea of playing is biting!
    [​IMG]

This is Peaches, our little devil princess.
    [​IMG]

Here's Max who cries like a baby.
    [​IMG]

Sasha
    [​IMG]

Fiona
    [​IMG]

Chaplain, who we lost shortly after this photo. His veins collasped when the vet was trying to draw blood for a check up. :-(
    [​IMG]

I do have more pictures of the other birds somewhere. She has anywhere from 30 to 40 birds at a given time. I just haven't gotten around to uploading everything!

3. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Just beautiful. We have had many birds on and off for years.

4. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Those birds are beautiful!! Someday I would love to have a large exotic. For now, just 4 Bugies and 5 finches. I love them anyways.

5. SimplcitiyAltered

Aug 31, 2007
    Grand Ridge, Iillinois
    Chickerdoodle What beautiful babies I am in love with the rosie (Reggie) he is on our list of would love to have the guy that had Doran is getting out of breeding and we are hoping to get his pair in they are so well socialized for being breeders. And he also has a pair of well socialized and loving Goffins. He always says oh they are mean yet we are always able to love on them. We just love those too's.

reallesmons we love the budgies they are just so special thier voices are amazing if you can decipher what they are saying what kind of finches do you have we have not ventured into them yet but we are very interested in starting a sanctuary flight for them. I really love thier sweet dispositions and quiet nature.

Katrinag what kind of birds have you had my first was a small budgie that we got when I was a youngin (way way long ago) he started my love for birds.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  6. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Budgies are great little birds. I have had several in the past that learned so many words and phrases we could have whole conversations with them. Finches are very easy to care for. They don't crave attention and would rather be left alone unlike parrots. Just feed and water daily (they love daily baths in their water cup) and clean their cage. They would multiply like rabbits if you let them. I have a pair of societys, a pair of zebras, and an Orange Cheeked Waxbill. These are my first ones so I didn't want to try the fancy types until I learned more about their care. My societys are now setting on at least 5 eggs. The babies will go to the nursing home where my MIL stays.

This is the societies, Chocolate (male) and Taffy (female) with a hatch

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Here is Roofus our baby that owns us. He is 21 years old. Blue fronted amazon. he got his name because he spends the majority of his time upside down on his roof!!!! And I soooooo want Barna!!!! i think Roofus needs a girlfriend!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
  8. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:do you own a pet store

9. SimplcitiyAltered

Aug 31, 2007
    Grand Ridge, Iillinois
    Quote:Roofus is adorable and you cant have Barna lol she is my sweet lil velcro bird They are really close in age Barna is 22.

10. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Your birds are adorable! African Grey's are so intriguing. I would never own one....I would be too afraid it would be smarter than me!!

I have had cockatiels and parakeets. That's why I think I will be fine raising a couple of ducks. I am already used to the mess a bird can make [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by