Expectant first time goose momma

PurpleWiggleButt

Songster
Apr 26, 2021
Jellico, TN
I bought a house because it had a 2 acre chain link fenced yard with a chicken wire apron... SCORE!!!! (OK there were other reasons) The drawback is... ⅔ of the grass is on a steep hill that does terres off in places. The other ⅓ is flat.

So my daughter got me 3 Emden goslings for my birthday last week 🤗 awww bless her heart. (In the south not a good thing) but I can't wait to get them! I've had chickens before and would sit for hours and watch them, they're so goofy and relaxing so I'm not totally ignorant of taking care of birds.

My question is.... will they be able to partake of the lush green grass on the hill or will they just look up and sadly dream about the tempting grass they can't get to?

Thanks in advance
PurpleWiggleButt

I bought a house because it had a 2 acre chain link fenced yard with a chicken wire apron... SCORE!!!! (OK there were other reasons) The drawback is... ⅔ of the grass is on a steep hill that does terres off in places. The other ⅓ is flat.

So my daughter got me 3 Emden goslings for my birthday last week 🤗 awww bless her heart. (In the south not a good thing) but I can't wait to get them! I've had chickens before and would sit for hours and watch them, they're so goofy and relaxing so I'm not totally ignorant of taking care of birds.

My question is.... will they be able to partake of the lush green grass on the hill or will they just look up and sadly dream about the tempting grass they can't get to?

Thanks in advance
PurpleWiggleButt
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:wee
It is always great getting new members! :ya
Congrats on the goslings!!

Back
Top Bottom