EXPERTS Please Help ID

shes a BA then, they have pink feet and JG have yellow. I have 4 BA's ones my fav "wild chicken" they still are not laying and now 21 weeks old -sigh-

she appears to have muffs by her ears. i think easter egger
thumbsup.gif
:

easter eggers can look like anything, as long as they lay green or blue green eggs. they're basically a green egg layong hybrid. even if they are sold as ameraucanas or aracaunas by hatcheries, they are not likely pure. in general EE hens are a shade of partridge and the cockerels are like birchens or silver duckwings, but it's not set in stone. nor is thier conformation. EE's often have a distinct face with large muffs and beard and a pea comb. they also will generally have green legs unless black feathered like yours in which case the legs can and will not be green, but dark slate or black. of course, a random mutt could have these features, too. the only way to be sure of an easter egger is two know what color egg it lays or that it has a green or blue-green egg layer among it's forebears. because the green egg laying gene is highly dominent, any female decendants of a green or blue-green egg layer, however distant, will also lay green or blue-green eggs.

so i guess my answer should have been EE or mutt, but it is more likely to be an EE than a random mutt chicken.

Back
Top Bottom