Experts - Whattadya think?

stnkyferit

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 1, 2012
Hi Everyone! I'm new here and new to backyard chickens! I have the horse and the goats so I might as well add a few chicks! I received my girls yesterday from My Pet Chicken (1 died in transit - NOT because of MPC, but USPS - they LOST them.......Im so angry...anyway). I opted for the "Assorted Brown Egg Layers" so it will be a surprise.

Ideas as to what they may be? I am thinking the browns are Partridge Plymouth Rocks? Ideas for little yellow girl?

I cant post a pic for some reason, so I included a link to my picasa album

https://picasaweb.google.com/103734186838677801441/ScrapbookPhotos#5749068956759712290

Last edited:
They almost look like Easter Eggers, does anybody else think so? Or are my eyes tricking me that there is a beard stick out on the one in the middle..

Last edited:
I have no guesses on the brown ones..... I have never seen a solid brown before. The yellow could be a White Leghorn or a White Rock.

Interesting....the brown ones are VERY brown....with tan and yellow accenting...

I was thinking the yellow was a Red Star...

Last edited:
Yellow one could be a Delaware. Hard to say.. So many chicks start out yellow, and usually turn to white or buff. This one isn't a buff Orpington because it has yellow feet.

Don't think it's a red star (which is a red sex link) because they are reddish in colour as chicks.

If it was a red star - it would be a boy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom