Explain please . . . "$130.00 - Jubilee English Orpington 12+ Hatching Eggs NPIP"

I don't even know what "NPIP" means, but had so many questions I did not want to inundate and add that question. :confused:
In addition to the things that kiki accurately expressed.. it (NPIP) is required to legally ship hatching eggs and live fowl across state lines. Or alternatively a specific form (VS 9-3) filled out by a veterinarian.

Post office doesn't enforce the law. They ship packages.

Laws are made for those who abide by them.. and many here on BYC unfortunately do not care to recognize the law.

While it's true that NPIP only test very few almost irrelevant diseases.. it does require certain biosecurity practices which I value and some tracking which I despise.

But for me at least compliance with the law shows an understanding and attempt to get it right and do it right.. while non compliance pretty well shows disregard.. and what else will someone disregard or what kinda lies will they tell to reach their own personal agenda?

NPIP SHOULD test for some of the more nasty diseases.

I recently bought eggs from a lady back east. All I require are several semi current pictures of how she keeps the birds. I look for the level sanitary care to consider buying. I don't think she was NPIP.

Why would/should I pay that for "Buying shipped hatching eggs you MUST understand that there is no guarantee you will get one single solitary chick."

:confused: There has got to be a better way to get a Jubilee Orpington. Seems I read there IS a way to know if an egg is fertile. Yes, no?

There is not a way to know if an egg is fertile prior to incubation without cracking it open.

USPS is very inconsistent with how they handle hatching eggs. A couple of months ago I shipped 2 dozen hatching eggs to a friend, very clearly labeled as “fragile”, and the postal clerk took the box from me and threw it like a frisbee 6 feet into the outgoing box and also flipping it as he threw it.

That’s why no guarantees can be made shipping hatching eggs.

Back
Top Bottom