Explaining Chicken Math

Oh I like gold stars. Maybe I should go order one or two more chicks and see if I can get another.......
caf.gif

I am loving my 5 chicks so far (2 BR's and 3 EE's) but I REALLY WANT A Blue Laced Red Wyandotte or Blue - Golden Laced Wyandotte!!! My husband said 4, have 5 and if I get an chance for one or two Wyandotte's I'm getting them :)

at least 10 more!! i now want some meat chickens!! we eat a lot of chicken. so it will prob. b 20! We know an Amish man that will butcher them for $2 each.

I do find your story funny! When I was eight, I wanted pet chickens more than anything! My mom, brother, and I finally convinced our dad to let us get two. When we got to the feed store, my mom fell in love with the Buff Orpingtons. So, we wound up with three :) My dad grumbled a bit, but he said, "well, I guess it's fine since the chicken is Mom's."
It made us all laugh!

My chicken math went from getting 2 or 3, to ordering 14. And now... I think Ideal gets a gold star because they sent 22!! Adorable as can be but quite a few more packing peanuts than I expected! (Will post a pic... as soon as I figure out why I can no longer upload photos from the computer *glares*)

I was going to get 3 chickens and 2 ducks....... I ended up with 2 goats, 1 duck, and 1 goose and I had 15 barred rocks ordered for laying... Well I found out the duck and goose needed friends so I got one more duck and goose. Then I decided I wanted to breed my goats. Well I got two more goats. I decided I wanted some Silkies so I ordered 7... had two die So I ordered 5 more.... I found out about frizzles and sizzles so I ordered 15 more of frizzles and cochins! Lol I really thought my husband would be furious but he really does love them :)

My chicken math went from getting 2 or 3, to ordering 14. And now... I think Ideal gets a gold star because they sent 22!! Adorable as can be but quite a few more packing peanuts than I expected! (Will post a pic... as soon as I figure out why I can no longer upload photos from the computer *glares*)
Were yours all males? (The extras?)

Back
Top Bottom