exploding egg... a v ery serious matter!

sickbyc.gif

I worry about this after reading so many horror stories like yours. Not to jinx me.....but so far no exploding eggs. Guess it has to happen to everyone at sometime.
sickbyc.gif

That happened to me, too on my first hatch....luckily I listened to everyone on this site and was able to get them outside......man oh man, when they say explode they really mean it. Like firecrackers, shooting several feet in all directions and with a smell so GROSS it will almost knock you over! And to think I was going to crack them open in the kitchen! Then I was like a lunatic, smelling my eggs constantly
tongue.png

how can you avoid this?? I'm trying to hatch my first ever hatch and i'm worried any will hatch since I got the eggs shipped from low altitude to our high altitude.. So if my eggs go bad.. then i guess candling is VERY important to avoid an exploding egg?? After reading this i'm scared! I have the mini incubator and had a few extra fertile eggs I bought left over that didn't fit in the incubator so I put them under my hen yesterday.. Not sure if she'll do the job but I guess I should go to the nesting box in the night and candle her eggs she has too if she continues sitting on them?? I really don't want any exploding stinky eggs!!! eeeeeek.. i'm scared!

Quote:
I made the mistake of not candleing thorough enough. U should candle at least one time every 6 to 7 days and throw out the bad ones! If you do that you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom