EXPLODING egg!? No its a chicken

Pinkaboo

Songster
5 Years
May 12, 2014
Cornwall in the UK
I went into my studio and thought an egg had exploded in the incubator, but it was a nearly hatched chicken( somebody got the dates wrong!)
So panic panic took the incubator off turning raised the humidity from 45 dropped temp
Removed the bars( even though at least 6 are piping with the bars in they couldn't hatch)
Now I have one little chick running round and hopefully more by this evening
Its 11:52 am here.
I'm quickly sterilizing the brooder and heating up the electic hen

Can't believe I got it so wrong! Ok so its only day 19 so chicks are early but I've been so distracted I missed lockdown

Hope they are ok, it does make you think sometimes you can do everything perfectly and get a poor hatch
And other times you mess up but its ok

So excited at seeing my babies, they are 12 chocolate pekin/ cochin eggs from my trio of Pekins
Six lavender Peking and six lavender frizzle Pekins off eBay

lol, this would be me!! im so absent minded I would forget my head were it not screwed onto my neck !!!! I have to make myself a calender overtime I hatch eggs!!

glad to hear your chicks are hatching! Good luck with the rest!

[RIGHT[/RIGHT]
Wait are these duck eggs?

Hi sorry pekin chickens
Think you call them Cochins in the USA
I have four hatched now ; )

The parents!

Last edited:

Yes sorry ill get some tomorrow might have a lot more by then!
There were five piped this evening when I came in
The eggs were written on, lavender Pekins and my Pekins but of course now they are running round the incubator
I've no idea who is what! My first pekin chick was yellow but there have been some black and yellow hatch today
There are two that I think are lavender they are a silver grey colour

Back
Top Bottom