Express mail VS Priority mail

msheets

Songster
9 Years
May 13, 2010
Hurricane, WV
I'm really curious if you all have had better luck with express mail or if it seems to have the same results. I would think express mail, although more expensive, would greatly improve hatch rates from shipped eggs so please tell me your experience with using express over priority. I'm ordering some eggs that are very important to me & if it will improve the hatch I'll pay $83 instead of $36, thank you for any replies!! (=

Last edited:
I would think it would depend on the distance traveled and existing weather conditions. You're in West Virginia, if someone in Kentucky was sending you eggs, I'd think Priority would be fine. If coming from California, I'd consider express. Now that covers distances, but weather is another disaster waiting to happen. You have to consider weather, if a big cold front is moving your way, those eggs could be on a truck in that weather. Last summer during the heat wave, folks in Texas were cooking and eggs were getting over heated. Again, weather conditions.
Now for me, if I ordered any eggs I'd have to go with express because of the sheer distances traveled. If they were just mutt eggs I might go Priority but if they are a rare breed I'd protect my investment and go with express.

Good luck with your purchase and hope you have a great hatch rate.

These eggs are coming from Kansas & they're emu eggs so I'm thinking of going with express, thank you for your reply, I was starting to think no one has ever used express mail before. I know it is less common.

Back
Top Bottom