EXTERNAL PIP OVER 12 HOURS AGO hatching 20 day old chick

chicken lady 555

In the Brooder
May 22, 2021
Hi! My incubator chick pipped around 12 hours ago at 8am this morning, it is now 8pm and no improvement, little chirps and pecking but no progress.
Should I intervene and help crack the shell a little? Wait another 12 hours until tomorrow morning?

*PLEASE NO HATE COMMENTS, IF I HAVE TO STEP IN I WILL. I DONT WANT THE CHICK TO DIE*

Thank you everyone in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 32
I wouldn’t yet. Our first pipped about 2 weeks ago at 18.5 days, it took about 24 hours to finally decide to come out. When it finally started turning and unzipping it only took about 10 minutes to break free. It’s two weeks old now and perfectly healthy. Pretty exciting time though, but also a bit stressful. We had that same thought to help though and watch a few YouTube videos. Right when we decided to intervene it must have knew we were coming because it immediately started unzipping.
030FA5BC-B656-47D6-A69B-C62BC076DFA2.jpeg

Thank you everyone for your help! He hatched himself at 1am! He has come out walking on his hocks and little wonky toes?
I've put some tape on them to straighten them but do you guys know if it's just cause he's tired and fresh or possibly need to see a vet?

thank you

Back
Top Bottom