Extra chick... what is she/ he?

porkchop48

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Malta, OH
I will try to get some pics this weekend.

I ordered some chicks from Mt healthy a few weeks ago. There was an extra "yellow" chick. Which I thought was a light braham. it looked the same as the light braham chicks. Since it has been feathering up I am pretty sure it is not a ligth brahama.

So far it is solid white with no signs of any color, clean leggs and it's legs are more of a greenish color.

Any suggestions?

Quote:
No puff on its head.

I know some places send extra and I have no problem with that. Just trying to figure out what the little guy is.

Quote:
No puffy cheeks either :-(

I don't think anyways. I ordered some Amercauna ( I think I spell that wrong). I will try to get some pics soon.

if you ordered ameracana from a hatchery they are considered ee's not pure ameracana, sorry pics would really help though. i read what mypet chicken had up and they admited that hatcheries call ee's ameracana
hmm.png
but maybe you will get lucky with yours

Pics would help. I know ideal will add extra roos to add "heat" I don't know what breed they send, could they have given you an extra chick of one you ordered?

Sounds like a white EE (aka Amercauna). Especially since you already had them as part of your order. Need pics to be sure, though.

Quote:
No puffy cheeks either :-(

I don't think anyways. I ordered some Amercauna ( I think I spell that wrong). I will try to get some pics soon.

No hatchery sells Ameraucanas...you have to get them from a breeder. Whatever you got from the hatchery would be considered an Easter Egger. Since you did order "Ameraucanas" from the hatchery, I am certain that the chick in question is an EE.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom