extra incubator? help

football

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 19, 2009
northern colorado
not sure where to post:
I have 1 lonely duck egg & wanted to incubate it.
it is 1 week old today & so I need incubator real soon. I had one lined up but plans fell threw!
I live in Northern Colorado near greeley
if you or someone you know has an incubator I could use/borrow/rent... please let me know.

post or email
[email protected]

tried the feed stores around, called friends, worried we'll have to use BRAWS
barnie.gif

hope I can find an incubator soon.

your hatch rate has gone down alot on that egg! after 10 days it's like 50%

Crockpot, warm cycle...check temp! 99-100....high humidity 60ish for duck eggs

Not to be mean, i would toss it or eat it. you'll get more~ My ducks give me 2 a day and i give them away!

Try your county extension agent or a local school, some elementary teachers are doing hatchings.

You could always use a warmtowel and a heat lamp to hatch just one or two eggs. Just lightly dampen the towel, not soping wet, or even wrunout wet, just damp wet. Wrap egg in towel along with a thermometer to guage temps and place under the heat lamp. Use the thermometer to judge just how far away the heat lamp needs to be from the towel. As long as you provide the needed attention to turning and regulating the temps, you should be able to hatch your chicks. I would consider placing the towel and egg inside a box, cooler, or similar to help maintain the proper heat and minimize temp swings due to wind drafts from opening and closeing doors and such.

we made and incubator out of an old toaster-oven & it is working pretty well.
I wet a towel every day & a we have a thermometer in the oven. I researched what temp. & humidity I need, but I don't have a way to check humidity. any ideas?

Quote:
A digital Thermometer/Hygrometer is what you need to buy. Walmart sells Accurites and Springfields that should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom