Extream infection.

You have two choices and the one that is number one on the list you are NOT going to like.....but she is suffering and unfortunately our pets...chickens, cats, dogs, PB pigs and all other pets rely on US to decide what to do when they suffer because THEY CANNOT tend to themselves in this kind of situation.

Last edited:
Be-heading is your best best. Do it cleanly and with respect. Your bird pet could ask for NO BETTER treatment than the kindness you will give to it. It is one of the hardest things you will ever do, trust me, and it will never get easy with pet birds.

Last edited:
OR get yourself some sort of cone-shaped item (milk jug with the bottom cut off, road cone, etc.) and screw it to a tree pointy side down. Place your chicken in head first, so the head comes out the skinniest part of the cone and her wings are pinned to her sides (very calming if done correctly). Then take a very sharp knife to her throat and cut across, severing her jugular veins. She will pass very quickly. Good luck to you. Many of us have been in this very unpleasant situation before. You can do it.

I'm sorry you're going throught this. If it were me I would try to save her but I understand.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom