Chicken with large bloody infection under vent and swollen abdomen

Hens rule

Songster
9 Years
Jan 28, 2015
US
She’s been less active for a while but I just noticed this area below her vent, its bloody and looks like an infection that ate away at some of her skin (it looks like fly strike but without the flies).
Her abdomen also feels very swollen like a water balloon so I think she has ascites.
IMG_1034.jpeg

Should I dab iodine on it and just out antibiotic on it? Also could she possibly have an infection internally causing the ascities that could be helped with oral antibiotics? Her belly has been somewhat swollen for a while, probably 4 months but now it feels very full.

She’s been less active for a while but I just noticed this area below her vent, its bloody and looks like an infection that ate away at some of her skin (it looks like fly strike but without the flies).
Her abdomen also feels very swollen like a water balloon so I think she has ascites.
View attachment 3742740
Should I dab iodine on it and just out antibiotic on it? Also could she possibly have an infection internally causing the ascities that could be helped with oral antibiotics? Her belly has been somewhat swollen for a while, probably 4 months but now it feels very full.
Before doing anything with it with ointments, trim the feathers around it, & clean the area up abit.

Back
Top Bottom