Extreme “wry” tail?

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
Hello! Yesterday i got a Japanese pullet and a sebright pullet.

The sebright is active, very, very skittish, and EXTREMELY talkative.
The Japanese, however, is none of those. Shes a lot more stand off. I have heard of wry tail in chickens where the tail is crooked. However, hers is not crooked. Hers is straight off to the side. Not crooked.

Aswell as that, she put it in a normal position for a second, but then dropped it down instantly.

They both are 3-4 months old.

Hello! Yesterday i got a Japanese pullet and a sebright pullet.

The sebright is active, very, very skittish, and EXTREMELY talkative.
The Japanese, however, is none of those. Shes a lot more stand off. I have heard of wry tail in chickens where the tail is crooked. However, hers is not crooked. Hers is straight off to the side. Not crooked.

Aswell as that, she put it in a normal position for a second, but then dropped it down instantly.

They both are 3-4 months old.
I have a rooster like that, looks normal when walking for awhile. Then it drops and goes straight off to the right side. Wry tail is genetic, not preferable for breeding if that's what you're planning to do.

Thank you! No rush.
Sorry for the delay. It was much worse a while ago.
A978256B-C894-45EF-9C33-A25187DB9A78.jpeg
Im thinking its wry tail, then? It seems not so bad.

I have a rooster like that, looks normal when walking for awhile. Then it drops and goes straight off to the right side. Wry tail is genetic, not preferable for breeding if that's what you're planning to do.
Oh interesting. So it is wry tail? I didn’t think they could move it from that position.
Thats fine. If i can’t breed her i’ll see about breeding the ones in the eggs if i decide to breed them.

No worries for the delay. It does look like a wry tail. Wry tail is genetic and it will not affect your chicken. As long as she is acting normal and her poopy is not too runny. Your hen should be completely fine!

Back
Top Bottom