Extremely and Really Worried About My Drake to Female Ratio - Willing to Trade?!

lklascala

Chirping
Apr 30, 2020
Hi everyone. I currently have 10 Indian Runners and 4 mallards. I am concerned about my drake to female ratio (11 drakes to 3 females). I am pretty sure the mallards are going to fly away since they were rescued as babies and seem to be their own little squad. However, the runners are a different story. I have 7 males to 2 females. Long story short, I'd like to rehome/swap 3 - 6 of my males. If anyone is in the NJ/Philadelphia area that would like to rehome/trade for females, I would greatly appreciate it for the sake of my females. BTW, I know some people are going to say to get rid of my females and have an all bachelor group, but I truly can't. They were the only two survivors of my first hatch who started it all. They are too close to my heart to give away. If anyone knows another solution (other than culling or creating a drake pen because they all free roam) I would also greatly appreciate the advice. Thank you, everyone!!

Because the females are more desirable than the drakes, you will have a hard time finding someone who will want to swap you males for females. It might be better to sell or rehome the drakes you have and look to buy some females. Are you able to at least set up some kind of temporary pen, in case your girls need a break from all the drake attention until you get a better ratio?
Good luck with everything! I have runners too and they are amazing. I love them to pieces. 🥰

Hi everyone. I currently have 10 Indian Runners and 4 mallards. I am concerned about my drake to female ratio (11 drakes to 3 females). I am pretty sure the mallards are going to fly away since they were rescued as babies and seem to be their own little squad. However, the runners are a different story. I have 7 males to 2 females. Long story short, I'd like to rehome/swap 3 - 6 of my males. If anyone is in the NJ/Philadelphia area that would like to rehome/trade for females, I would greatly appreciate it for the sake of my females. BTW, I know some people are going to say to get rid of my females and have an all bachelor group, but I truly can't. They were the only two survivors of my first hatch who started it all. They are too close to my heart to give away. If anyone knows another solution (other than culling or creating a drake pen because they all free roam) I would also greatly appreciate the advice. Thank you, everyone!!
I'm in Albany and would trade my 2 females for males.

Because the females are more desirable than the drakes, you will have a hard time finding someone who will want to swap you males for females. It might be better to sell or rehome the drakes you have and look to buy some females. Are you able to at least set up some kind of temporary pen, in case your girls need a break from all the drake attention until you get a better ratio?
Good luck with everything! I have runners too and they are amazing. I love them to pieces. 🥰
I want to give up my females. That is the best way? I will have just males then.

Back
Top Bottom