Eye infection on 3 wk duckling?

GavinAF

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2017
New Jersey
I posted on here a few weeks back about one of my ducklings missing an eye and since then I've noticed it getting progressively worse in appearance but I would clean it up and so would she/he when swimming however I'm worried about it. I'm planning on taking it to the vet if that's something I should do but I thought I'd get some opinions here in the mean time. (Currently 3 1/2 weeks old) Posted this in another section but also posted here to be more specific.
20180401_215714.jpg 20180401_215717.jpg

I posted on here a few weeks back about one of my ducklings missing an eye and since then I've noticed it getting progressively worse in appearance but I would clean it up and so would she/he when swimming however I'm worried about it. I'm planning on taking it to the vet if that's something I should do but I thought I'd get some opinions here in the mean time. (Currently 3 1/2 weeks old) Posted this in another section but also posted here to be more specific.
View attachment 1322240 View attachment 1322241
Today I was inspecting her/him and I'm starting to think it's not an infection but their just losing the 'hair' on it's head...which doesn't help me understand what's going on at all

Is the duck scratching its face? That'd explain the missing feathers. I'm really thinking this baby may really need a trip to the vet as you thought.

Is the duck scratching its face? That'd explain the missing feathers. I'm really thinking this baby may really need a trip to the vet as you thought.
The only time I've witnessed the duck scratching it's face is when we put them in the water. Here's a picture from tonight after their 'bath'. I'm looking into vets hoping to find one that isn't too far even though I'll do the drive
20180403_214120.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom