Eye infection

Alondra Krost

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2020
Hi I have a chick that has had some gunk around it’s eye when it was pretty young it was really sticky and I got off what I could but afterwards she always had really bad eye buggers in that eye and I would clean is out as necessary, but this morning it was huge an swollen shut and I went to clean it and a bunch of pus came out when I wiped it. I cleaned out the pus and let her go and she seemed better but I’m not sure what I can do now to treat her eye so this doesn’t happen anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi I have a chick that has had some gunk around it’s eye when it was pretty young it was really sticky and I got off what I could but afterwards she always had really bad eye buggers in that eye and I would clean is out as necessary, but this morning it was huge an swollen shut and I went to clean it and a bunch of pus came out when I wiped it. I cleaned out the pus and let her go and she seemed better but I’m not sure what I can do now to treat her eye so this doesn’t happen anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Does she have any other facial swelling or discharge from her nostrils?
Is she coughing, sneezing or gurgling when she breaths?
If you have any sterile saline solution you can flush her eye out with that. Try to remove all the pus from the eye. After flushing it with saline, you can apply Terramycin ointment or even triple antibiotic ointment to the eye once or twice a day.

Does she have any other facial swelling or discharge from her nostrils?
Is she coughing, sneezing or gurgling when she breaths?
If you have any sterile saline solution you can flush her eye out with that. Try to remove all the pus from the eye. After flushing it with saline, you can apply Terramycin ointment or even triple antibiotic ointment to the eye once or twice a day.
She isn’t coughing or sneezing or gurgling she’s healthy besides the eye, and I’m making sure she gets enough food. She does have like a red half ring around her bottom Eye lid
Okay I’ll try that, I think I have saline solution

Back
Top Bottom