Eye shut closed!

whittychick

Songster
8 Years
Jul 28, 2013
Cape cod
Hey everyone! Went out to the coop this morning and noticed one of my Australorps eye was closed?? She seems totally fine, except she does have a messy/poopy bum right now? Otherwise she's active, eating and drinking. Think she's ok, or should I take her in? Id appreciate any feedback! Thank you!

Well for the eye problem
I would use this
VETREX you can buy it at amazon
put drop in each eye
put 1 tsp of Vetrex down the throat,
rub vertex all over the head
put Vetrex under the wins, thus they can breath good.
Now for the messy rear end.
You will need to wash soapy water and see if she is pooping okay or what color the poop is. If abnormal color or runny this wet mash probiotic recipe
I would do this for the whole group of chickens.

WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE FOR CHICKENS WITH ANY HEALTH PROBLEMS
Glenda Heywood

WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE FOR YOUR CHICKENS HEALTH.
Glenda Heywood...
ACV by Bragg's is sold by Amazon and at Walmart. (remember to get Bragg's unpasturized, as it has the "brown mother" in the bottom of the bottle.)

Glenda Heywood
My Daughter JoAnna Mertz feeds this wet mash probiotic several times a week to our 10 hens, 5 buff orpingtons 5 plymouth rocks, and they are eating it up in 30 minutes.

Glenda Heywood To make the WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE HERE IT IS
(A) TAKE 2 CUPS OF DRY CRUMBLES OR PELLETS,
(B) 1 TSP OF DRY FLAX SEED MEAL (THAT IS FOR HUMANS)
(C) PUT 4 CUPS OF MILK ANY KIND SOUR OR FRESH, 1 tbsp of dry flax seed meal,
(D) AND 2 TBSP OF THE BRAGG;S ACV.

(E) ALSO 1 /2CUP OF UNFLAVORED YOUGART.

(D) MIX GOOD. PUT IT IN GLASS CONTAINER, AND KEEP ON THE COUNTER OVER NIGHT.

(E) IF IN THE MORNING YOU CAN ADD ANOTHER CUP OF MILK TO THE MIX TO MAKE IT SOLUBLE, like cookie dough, not soupy,

(F) DO NOT MAKE IT SOUPY AS CHICKENS DO NOT LIKE IT SOUPY.
(G) IF THE MIX IS OKAY IN THE MORNING AND NOT TOO DRY FEED IT IN THE GLASS CONTAINER SO ALL THE CHICKENS CAN GET TO IT.

(H) I USED 2 VERY LARGE GLASS PIE PLATES. AND THEN CLEAN THE PIE PLATES BY BRING THEM BACK TO THE HOUSE.

(I) FEED THIS AMOUNT TO EACH CHICKEN 3 tbsp of mix when wet, so make your recipe to fit all amount of chickens to be fed.
(J) WHEN MIXING FOR 1 CHICKEN DO THISIE: take 3 tbsp of dry feed and add 6 tbsp of milk, 1/4 tsp of dry flax seed meal, 1 tbsp of yougart plain kind, 1 tsp ACV,

(K) NOW IF THE CHICKEN ISSICK ADD THIS TO THE WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE
(L) 1 Vit E capsule buy cutting end of capsule off and squeezing it into the wet mix.
(M) 1-Vit B tablet crushed in table spoon and add a little water to dissolve crushed tablet and then add to wet mash
(N) 1- Selenium tablet crushed in tbsp and add little water to it and then add to wwet mash.
(O) now mx good and feed sick chuicken evey day for 7 days
(P) now feed it 5 times for second week.
(P) then 2 times a week frlife.
(Q) feed all healthy chickens 2 times a week for life WITH VITAMINS ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS.

You are more than welc
I hope the hen gets better soon.
When working with sick chikens:
BESURE AND WEAR PLASTIC GLOVES.
Sanitary precautions are very important.
you can use a saline solution to wash the eyes out;
before putting the Vetrex in the first time.

Back
Top Bottom