Eye swelling and Discharge

jjhatchings

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
I have had chickens since I was 8 or 9, and I have NEVER seen anything like this, The eyes swell out then coming the discharge from the eyes and nose with a REALLY bad smell from the discharge. Does anyone know what is going on? Heres pictures

Well the little ones some stuff from the local farm store, and my layers nothing yet, maybe its coryza?

Well the little ones some stuff from the local farm store, and my layers nothing yet, maybe its coryza?
I am not familiar with it, but from what I am reading you may be right. http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/206600.htm this was my source on it.
Well, for the time being I would catch who ever is showing symptoms, and if you have the time wash there faces really well to clear it of any of that stuff.
Put electrolytes and vitamins in the water.
Quorinteen them imediatly if you havent already to help prevent your other hens from catching it.
I dont know enough about this to be able to give you any other advice, :(
Hopefully someone else will jump in and help you! Until then, just keep there noses clear and if posible soak with a warm cloth. It may help loosen everything?

Back
Top Bottom