Eye swollen shut, conjunctivities?

I still cannot say if that is fowl pox or perhaps peck marks on swollen eyelids. The pictures are not in focus. Do you see scabs in any places other than on eyelids, such as the combs, wattles, or faces? Swollen eyelids cannbe a sign of respiratory diseases, MG or coryza. They also can be swollen from peck wounds or something in the eye. Do you see any nasal drainage, sneezing, bubbles in either eye, or rattly breathing?

If it is fowl pox, it will run it’s course over a month. Eyes should be treated as my previous post. If you think that MG or coryza might be a problem, an antibiotic such as Tylan50 may be effective in treating symptoms. But I would still treat the eyes too. Coryza is a worse respiratory disease with a bad odor, and is better treated with sulfa antibiotic.

I still cannot say if that is fowl pox or perhaps peck marks on swollen eyelids. The pictures are not in focus. Do you see scabs in any places other than on eyelids, such as the combs, wattles, or faces? Swollen eyelids cannbe a sign of respiratory diseases, MG or coryza. They also can be swollen from peck wounds or something in the eye. Do you see any nasal drainage, sneezing, bubbles in either eye, or rattly breathing?

If it is fowl pox, it will run it’s course over a month. Eyes should be treated as my previous post. If you think that MG or coryza might be a problem, an antibiotic such as Tylan50 may be effective in treating symptoms. But I would still treat the eyes too. Coryza is a worse respiratory disease with a bad odor, and is better treated with sulfa antibiotic.
So if I smell the eye and it stinks then Corzya?

Its getting worse.

1663626431168.png

It looks like the others have been pecking at her eye. I’m not sure the eye is still intact. Coryza does smell bad, but so does an infection. I would isolate her and irrigate the eye and apply the ointment.

I got her and smelled and didnt smell anything, will try to grab her tonight.
Ugh i am so sorry. One of my hens has a swollen eye and its a tad worse today and developed a bit of white puss on the inner corner. I washed with warm wash cloth. I have no idea why I should do. This chicken is making me crazy. A 'soft' molt i noticed, not laying, egg yolk colored urine which has stopped, and now this. I just need to know if shes contagious. I guess i will try to sniff the area. Shes acting normal otherwise. Ugh. A saline wash is where I'll start.

I don't think colloidal silver will help.
I know this is an older post but yes, silver will help. That's all I ever use for all eye issues, as well as every other issue and as a preventative as well, and not just for the chickens. It's good for all living beings and also plants. It's important though to either buy good quality silver or make your own with a very high quality generator. Perhaps you already know this.

Back
Top Bottom