Eye worm???

destin0709

Songster
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Ohio
I have a rooster and he has a bubble above his eye that I thought was was just a feather not coming threw. I tried popping it and clear liquid comes out and it goes down but fills back up. I have done this 3 times now today it was so full it looked like it would burst. I also noticed he is weezing and breaths like his airway is blocked and he has been shaking his head like something in his throat. I now notice a white spot of something that looks like something in his eye and tried to rub it out but it doesn't come out. Could the drainage from the bubble be making him weeze because it's not draining or is this eye worm. Here is a photo, the red above the eye is usually full and hangs over his eye but I just drained it today. And you can see he has beak open to breath. Any help much appreciated!!

OK so I put VetRX under his wings what else should I be doing? And why is his eye like that, from the respiratory problem??

I recommend that you purchase tylan 50 injectable, it'll be in the cattle section at the feed store. Use a syringe with a needle to administer the tylan. Dosage is 1/2cc injected into the breast muscle just under the skin. Inject once a day for 3 days, alternate breasts and dont inject into the same spot.
Or you can give it to him orally, 1/2cc once a day for 5 days.

I have tried 4 stores today in my area and none carry the tylan 50 is there anything else I can give him?

Back
Top Bottom