Eyeball Injury...*Updated Photos* 11/2 Looking any better?

one of my girls had a yuckie eye that had white crud ... not as bad as yours but similar. I used saline eye wash on gauze 2x2's to wipe her eye and then used antibiotic eye ointment . ( just as you are) took a while but it worked. I got more and more gunk to wipe off as time went on. I did keep her penned seperately from the rest of my girls until she was cleared up. good luck with yours.....

Did yours have a whole eye underneath? Can she see out of it now?

I "think" Clyde is able to see dark and light now. You can almost see a darkness behind the white. More and more of the white crud is coming off, just like yours did. I came up on his "blind" side and he spooked whereas he never gave any inclination I was even there.

Definitely a difference:

He's somewhat sensitive to light and is not cocking his head as heavily now.
DSCF1610.jpg

Wide view, please excuse his breakfast...:
DSCF1612.jpg

Close up:
DSCF1615.jpg

I'm afraid the colored part of the eye is gone for good. You can see a "shiny" thing in the second photos, whereas you could not see that when his eye was normal colored. Also, there are blood vessels visible in the last photo...it doesn't seem to pain him any and it's not infected, from what I can tell, any more.

do you think the eye could be dead (as in rotting) or just blind? if the eye is dead and begins to rot you could have yourself a problem there...?

Does anyone know any specifics about chicken eyes? Is it looking any better? Do you think his iris is still there or that it was removed during healing?

Well, it sure LOOKS better. I don't know about chicken eyes but we had several shih tzus with eye problems. The only time an eye had to be removed, you could tell because it got REALLY smelly. I'm sure only having one working eye isn't the worst thing in the world!

Back
Top Bottom