Eyeball to eyeball with a Fox

Fox are predators and their favorite meal is no different then that of other predators.....It's an easy meal, pets included. :(

I think the fox would rather eat some chicken. I agree that it may be sick. I have had some fox kill some of my birds in the past. I have rectified the situations so there is no way a fox can get my birds. I have seen them from time to time more on my cameras. I have electric wires around my coops and pens, concrete under my gates and good heavy duty netting covering my pens. Nothing has gotten through. I recently replaced my fence charger on the main coops. It reads around 14,000 volts. Even a bear won't touch it. It doesn't kill but will surely hurt a lot. I don't free range any more. I did for a few years until the predators discovered my birds and killed some, but that's the risk you take when free ranging and you will eventually loose birds. Originally I used leg traps but more and more people are buying properties around us and building. Now I use live traps. I bait the traps for a few nights/days and let the predators take the bait then set the traps and have caught them. I have caught some cats. I think they were feral. They weren't nice kitty's. The acted like they wanted to kill me before I released them. I usually eliminate what I catch, but not up to killing peoples pets. Not sure if the cats actually belonged to anyone and if I had caught them again I probably would have eliminated them. They were good sized cats. Also caught a bobcat. It killed 14 birds. It shouldn't have came back...

I have never heard of a fox killing a cat. Maybe a kitten but foxes do not regularly go after cats or small dogs. Most foxes don’t weigh much more than a cat or small dog especially gray foxes.

I think here they may take a cat if they can catch one but not very likely but a coyote will. I let them take the bait for a few days then set the trap when they have killed any of my birds.
DSCF0010 18.jpg
DSCF0012 19.jpg
DSCF0014 01.jpg

I have never heard of a fox killing a cat. Maybe a kitten but foxes do not regularly go after cats or small dogs. Most foxes don’t weigh much more than a cat or small dog especially gray foxes.
It's rare I will agree, but don't be fooled by the Wile E Fox looking for an easy meal.

Back
Top Bottom