Eyeball to eyeball with a Fox

A few years ago one of our cats was outside on the deck, a red fox came near the deck and was rolling around in the snow acting very wily towards the cat. I got the cat to come inside before anything could happen. This was during daylight hours. No doubt in my mind the fox would've killed him.

Ha! If foxes were such cat killers they wouldn’t do so well outdoors. So dramatic. Coyotes are known to take small pets not foxes. Coyotes will kill foxes too that doesn’t mean foxes are a staple in their diet.
We have all seen videos of a RIR hen killing a fox but that doesn’t mean it happens often enough to even mention it.

A predator of any size is just that. Why would any one wont one around on their property that has the potential of hurting and or killing one of their pets and or livestock? That's just foolishness and the predator needs to go.

A predator of any size is just that. Why would any one wont one around on their property that has the potential of hurting and or killing one of their pets and or livestock? That's just foolishness and the predator needs to go.
I kill and trap as many predators as I can around my yard. Foxes, raccoons, mink, possums etc..nothing gets a pass. It’s not to protect my outside cats though it’s for the chickens.

It's really strange. We have 5 acres three miles from town and there are other small parcels with homes around us. Maybe this fox has been fed and is somewhat used to people?
The fox that attacks our chickens is very familiar with humans. Sometimes I’ll be outside and see him. He won’t run away until I chase him.

We had a fox around here for awhile that would chase cats up trees, doubt he ever caught and killed one, but I assume it's possible. Heck, I saw a fox running deer one day! From my observations foxes seem pretty mischievous, and sometimes do strange things just because they can and have nothing else better to do at the time.

Ya'll arguing about whether or not it would eat a cat. It doesn't matter what any one thinks but from several peoples perspectives on here it seems that it would at least try and that's all we need to know because there is no definitive answer.

Back
Top Bottom