F1-F2-C1 question

Quote: Yep... thanks Nicalandia... we are well on our way.
I'm just glad the cold weather here hasn't slowed the girls down... almost all the HRIR girls are laying daily.... my bators are busy. :)
That said... it is not supposed to be above freezing here for 4 days next week, so I am setting up brooders in my basement.
I rarely do this... my brooders are in the barn, but... I have too much time invested in this project to loose chicks unnecessarily.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this Rhodebar roo appears to be single barred and not double barred.
So this would not be an example ofa true Rhodebar but of an F1, correct?
For true auto sexing at hatch, the roos must carry both copies of the barring gene.

Last edited:
Oh you asked about the F1 crosses...
No I didn't use barred rocks. I used wild type down, obvious head spotted, double barred Rhodebar roos (from brown eggs) over RC HRIR hens.

Quote:
its was on of Tim's birds which he no longer works with(dont know what happened to the rooster) he used RIR X BR and then a second cross to RIR, so I guess that would make him a BC1(back cross to parents)

When I crossed by BCM roo (PA) x Barred Rock hen (PB) in 2013 it resulted in Sex-linked chicks (F1). The females were all black and the males were black with white spot on head. From this pairing I got 1 hen.

If I cross this hen back to the BCM roo, will her offspring (BC1A) also be sex linked?

Back
Top Bottom