Fabreze and Dogs

Mychal

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 1, 2008
New Jersey
A friend of mine just had to take her dog to the vet. Seems the dog has been eating the carpet. There is some talk that dogs are attracted to Fabreeze and will eat the fibers of the carpet. Has anyone else heard of this happening?

Best to all
ray

never heard that.

i can think of several inappropriate jokes, but i will try not to share them.
smile.png

hope your friend's dog recovers.

I haven't heard that, but I have heard of some stupid people using it on their dogs to make them smell better
roll.png
Needless to say it can make them sick.

I have 6 dogs -- 4 of those being rather large Boxers and I have never had a problem with my dogs eating anything I sprayed with Fabreze - but of course some dogs are strange and will eat anything

Julie

<<guilty of spraying my dogs with Febreeze from time to time (with no ill effect, I might add)>>

I am a Febreeze freak - and my animals don't chew the carpet, furniture, etc. Your friends dog must just like to chew
big_smile.png

Quote:
I TOO am guilty of that when in a pinch and the dogs stink...and well...my dogs don't eat each other
lau.gif
(We have hard wood floors)
gig.gif

Last edited:
If you do a search on snopes.com I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about febreze and dogs on there a while back.... let me see if I can find it

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/febreze.asp

There's the link - all about febreze and it's safety around pets. Reader's Digest version: it's safe around pets when used as directed.

Doesn't address dogs obsessing/chewing on items sprayed with febreze...

Last edited:
I, too, am addicted to Febreeze. I spray everything. The dog's bedding, the carpet, curtains, furniture, shower curtains, EVERYTHING. I have the Mr. Clean with Febreeze, the laundry soap, and oh! now they have Magic Erasers with it!!!!

Ahem - anyway, my boxer is a freak chewer - kid's toys, mops, furniture legs (
rant2.gif
) ... we joke that he'd chew us if we were still long enough ... and he hasn't been sick from Febreeze. I'm even guilty of giving him a spritz when I haven't had him to the groomers' and we have company coming over.

Em

Back
Top Bottom