Facebook Help

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
I have a friend that does not want to see my Feeds on what I have been clicking on, once with the "birth of a baby" video which it was ridiculous and that resulted my friend getting that same video as well. She was not happy about that but I didn't see it on my Feed threads.

So how would I stop those type of feeds into my Christian friend's news feeds? Not sure if she has been reading my news feed to get that or what?

What can I do to help her? I want her to be my FB friend but not seeing those dirty jokes, games, videos, etc. ended up on her news thread.

So solutions please!

It's very hard to stop the spam and such that shows up. Ken had the same video pop up that day and I KNEW he didn't post it. The only thing you can do is tell them you are sorry, you didn't do it, and change your password.

Personally, one would KNOW that you didn't post that!!!! Did she really think you did that on purpose?? Maybe she isn't the brightest candle on the cake.

You could tell her not to look. Seriously, I don't mean that to sound sarcastic. I have a FB friend who CONSTANTLY posts really insulting political garbage and I've learned to scan right over her posts in the feeds. As soon as I see it's something political, I just keep on scrolling!
lol.png

Quote:
hide.gif

It's not you Deb, but you could take three guesses and have a couple left over. But don't.
wink.png

yuckyuck.gif

Ewesheep - if you change your password you are safe again til the next round comes out. I have only been hacked once, thankfully. Honestly though, your friend, if a FB'er, KNOWS these things happen.

you should be able to get rid of a person's posts from showing up in your feed, but keep them as a friend, by clicking the x that appears at the top of the post when you put your mouse over that post. you should have the option to hide all posts from that person.

the only reason i've used that feature is because i have a few people i've added because of the games they play, but i don't know them, and don't care about whats going on in their lives. i wouldn't want to hide updates from anyone i actually know because then i won't see the important stuff. my brain can filter out the silly, i don't want to miss out on anything important just because i don't care to know what quizzes they've been taking and the like.

Quote:
It's not you Deb, but you could take three guesses and have a couple left over. But don't.
wink.png

yuckyuck.gif

Ewesheep - if you change your password you are safe again til the next round comes out. I have only been hacked once, thankfully. Honestly though, your friend, if a FB'er, KNOWS these things happen.

Right, and part of being on Facebook is that you WILL see things you don't like. It happens. I really think she just needs to learn how to ignore what she doesn't care for.

She could look on her feed and hover over the empty spot on the top right side of the person's (your) post. I'll include a photo. I drew the red arrow so you could see what I meant. If you hover over, an "x" appears. When you click on it, you have the option to hide that particular post, hide all by that person or mark as spam. If you mark it as spam, you have to go through a bunch of other stuff to either report the person to fb or send them a message to let them know what happened in their post, etc.

If she simply hides all by you - then your wall posts wont show up in her feed ever. This doesn't mean you're blocked - it simply means that in order to see what you post - she will actually have to search for you and go to your wall directly.

howtohide.png

edited to say that I was in the midst of taking screenshots and whatnot when the person above suggested this as well
smile.png
Yeah - or tell her to have a thicker skin. I don't have a screenshot for that, though.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom