Facebook rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TinyChickenLady, Dec 27, 2011.

1. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

I was having such a good Christmas until I saw what a "friend" posted about me....

But first, the back story.

The unemployed girl and her drug dealer boyfriend are homeless couch surfers who have now decided they want a baby. So they're trying much to the dismay of many friends and family. I only stated that I would be concerned that said child should have a home first.
    Another friend of theirs mentioned the fact that they are doing it to get welfare money (sad, but true statement unfortunately) and I "liked" his comment.

Now on to the post about me...
    "At least I can have children sooo burn b*tch!"

Yes, she used my medical history and posted it on a public forum without my permission just so she could have a way to make fun of me. And yes, I know it was about me because 1) She has defended me for it in the past when others have made fun of me for it and 2) When asked who she was talking about, she gladly said my first and last name.

[​IMG] Why do people think it's okay to make fun of others for things that are completely out of their control? And why is it funny that I can't have children?! [​IMG]

2. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Drugs make people say and do mean things. I would find new friends. What she is doing is called "retaliation".

3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

That is sad that someone would do that. The kid may never have the life it should and it wont be anything they can control. Im sorrt that she felt like she had to say that to you. It would have made me feel very bad because it is not your fault you can not have children but those that can have no right to make you feel bad about it.

Im sorry [​IMG]

4. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Time to cut that person out of your life.

5. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Honey I am so sorry.
    Is not funny. I know how you feel. My oldest DD cant have children.Its not your fauilt and it shouldnt be something to be made fun of. I would not be friends with her anymore. And I also would not comment on what she wants to do. She is upset that you l;iked the comment. not that it made what she said right, Just unfriend her on your facebook.

6. ruffles

ruffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    You are above her mental midget level .

Ignore her , she mostly knows she is inferior to you intellectually, spirtually , mentally and physically.

Stay about the mental midgets in the world.

7. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:x2. Life is too short (and too long) to have friends like that.

8. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    First of all - let me say that I despise Facebook. I think it is a ridiculous, childish, and dangerous "tool" or whatever you want to call it.

While what your friend said was pretty rude and ugly, you did agree with a post that said something pretty ugly about her. When you post on Facebook, what you post is pretty much public. Some people aren't going to like what you have to say or "like."

I will never be on Facebook. If I want to have a conversation with somebody, I'll pick up the phone, drop them an e-mail, or even write a snail-mail letter. JMHO.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm sorry about your bad experience. Would have been better not to have had that exchange. Nothing you say can stop people from being stupid.

FB strikes again! FB has killed more friendships than it's started, torn apart as many families as it's supposedly kept in touch, IMO. If someone in the family cannot personally call or email me, then they needn't think I'm going to "follow" them on some internet bulletin board, like that is so personal. [​IMG] It's the way of them being stars of their little world is what it is.

I don't want anyone posting pictures of me there, including my DH. To me, it's "fake togetherness". It has so many defenders but all that personal information out there is biting people in the backside on a daily basis. When I told a family member to remove a picture of me taken at a family gathering from her FB page, her sister said that's just the way she keeps up with what's going on. Well, what happened to actually talking to those folks in person? Call me! Last I looked, I had an email and a phone number. I was so recently disgusted by FB, yet again, that you'll never make me a fan of that site.

10. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you all! I did not respond to that particular comment and in fact tried to talk to her via email when she started getting angry. I didn't think it was classy for either of us to carry on in a public forum and chose to be mature and talk in an email (I got rid of her number and told her to lose mine after her boyfriend started getting mean via text) but she continued to be rude and condescending in the email and immediately after, she posted that status. I didn't respond to it but thanked a friend that defended me in it.

It just sucks sometimes that people think it's okay to make fun of me for not being able to have kids.
    And I have a feeling this girl can't either and she doesn't know it yet.

The drugs have made her very skinny which can sometimes cause you to stop having your monthly and can lead to infertility.

But anyway, thank you all for your support and advice. Since reading her status, I've decided she is not a "friend" and never will be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by