Failing miserably at hatching eggs

TheStewarts

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 21, 2013
It's our first time and we (and by we I mean me... busy mom or 2 humans, 2 dogs, 4 sheep and 27 chickens) suck at this whole incubation thing. It's only day 2 and I am fairly certain that I have both fried and chilled these poor turkey eggs. I didn't take into consideration how much the temp of the house would effect this process. It was perfect the day we started and then today I ran out for some feed, came back and the thermometer read 104! YIKES! Guess we will keep going for a while longer to see if anything works out.

they should be fine at 104 degrees. My chicken eggs got up to that temp. one night and they are fine. I also would like to stress that you buy a hygrometer to measure the RH%. Humidity is often ignored and it costs newbies hatching fun at the end and just leaves them with disappointment.

I had the same thing happen on my first batch of turkey eggs. I hatched 7 of 8. Don't worry...
smile.png

I'm incubating my first turkey eggs too, and the very first night I woke up to a temp of 108! I was sure they were cooked but left them in. At 10 days I see definite life in a handful of them. Not sure if they'll make it to hatch or how many, but there is hope

My clutch that is hatching right now was running hot for the first week. They were up around 104, but we got it down and they are hatching now. :)

I am having problems with my turkey eggs hatching.. so far out of 3 eggs only 1 has hatched! 2 days after the due date of the eggs i opened them up and they was a fully formed Poult.. so my question would be what am i doing wrong??

I am having problems with my turkey eggs hatching.. so far out of 3 eggs only 1 has hatched! 2 days after the due date of the eggs i opened them up and they was a fully formed Poult.. so my question would be what am i doing wrong??

difficult to say without more information. It could be any one of a number of things, and then sometimes everything can go right and a chick just isn't strong or healthy enough to make it.

yeah not sure what more info to put.. this is just my first year hatching anything.. out of the trouble ive had at the start of the year.. i know have 14 chicks, 2 crested duck duckling and 1 baby turkey :)

Back
Top Bottom