Fairly new and want to ID chicken breed

RParton

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 23, 2017
I have had my chickens about 4 months or so and want to ID one of them. I bought the chickens as young, but not chicks. I'm posting a pic of one of them. Very colorful, but shy, standoffish, etc. I have 3 RIR hens and one big white Delaware rooster to go with this colorful bird.
What breed is she and how to I "make" more chicks like her?

Attachments

• loca2.jpg
    loca2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 10
  • loca1.jpg
    loca1.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 10
I have had my chickens about 4 months or so and want to ID one of them. I bought the chickens as young, but not chicks. I'm posting a pic of one of them. Very colorful, but shy, standoffish, etc. I have 3 RIR hens and one big white Delaware rooster to go with this colorful bird.

He is a cockerel -- with very definite male hackles and saddles -- but I don't know what breed.

That is DEFINITELY a boy, and I agree that he looks mixed. Where did you get them?
I live near Augusta, GA and bought them from a local private farm supply store. And thanks for the info. I assume that I could raise him and mate him to other hens to get some similar looking birds?? Is that right?

I'm in the process of incubating 3 eggs that I gathered from my girls. With a RIR hen and a Delaware rooster, what will the offspring look like? Will the males be more similar to Delaware look and the females RIR look, or will they just be randomly mixed?

I live near Augusta, GA and bought them from a local private farm supply store. And thanks for the info. I assume that I could raise him and mate him to other hens to get some similar looking birds?? Is that right?
It depends on his genetics, and the genetics of the other birds.

Mix breed cockerel.

I'm in the process of incubating 3 eggs that I gathered from my girls. With a RIR hen and a Delaware rooster, what will the offspring look like? Will the males be more similar to Delaware look and the females RIR look, or will they just be randomly mixed?
The females will be the white ones.

Back
Top Bottom