Fairly new to Chickens

About 7 ft tall and 4x4. 3 roosts and 4 nesting boxes. It’s prefab with the run. Here's a picture of it at the store. we've had it up about 2 weeks.

Attachments

• tscoop.JPG
    tscoop.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 4
  • tscoop2.JPG
    tscoop2.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 3
  • tscoop3.JPG
    tscoop3.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
It said 15, and I only had 7, so I thought it would be sufficient. They roost on the top of it, and a 10 foot long bench/board we have inside the run.
The run is great and of sufficient size. The coop is tiny. This is our coop which, bear is mind is made of fully recycled materials so the timber is not straight. This is for 4 hens and 1 rooster and even then they will have fights up on the roost.

Mine is 4x4 and about 8 feet tall, guess it should be wider..... wonder if I can build another one in it. Their old house only had a hinged roof dog house for nesting, and roosts in it, but not enclosed. (of course it was roofed and wired sides) That's when I only had 3. It was much smaller, in it's entirety.

Mine is 4x4 and about 8 feet tall, guess it should be wider..... wonder if I can build another one in it. Their old house only had a hinged roof dog house for nesting, and roosts in it, but not enclosed. (of course it was roofed and wired sides) That's when I only had 3. It was much smaller, in it's entirety.
I would try to expand its size without wrecking it’s looks if you can. It is obviously a lot prettier than our recycled log cabin. We don’t have too many predators (touch wood) so I always leave our little trap door open so the chickens can let themselves out in the morning.

You coop can house 4-5 full size birds and no more.

Back
Top Bottom