Falconry anyone? 🦅

Pics

RoosterWhisperer

Crossing the Road
Sep 13, 2019
I am a falconry enthusiast who has been studying the art of it for several years and I’m also very skilled and identifying different kinds of birds of prey. I was just curious to see how many other bird of prey enthusiasts there are out there! 😁

Falconry is the art of raising and training birds of prey to hunt in the field alongside a human partner, it is a very old sport dating back hundreds of years and it was mainly performed by Kings and nobles back in the medieval days.

I know this may look pretty weird on a thread about chickens, the natural prey to most birds of prey….😅. But anyway feel free to stop by all bird of prey enthusiasts are welcome!

I am a falconry enthusiast who has been studying the art of it for several years and I’m also very skilled and identifying different kinds of birds of prey. I was just curious to see how many other bird of prey enthusiasts there are out there! 😁

Falconry is the art of raising and training birds of prey to hunt in the field alongside a human partner, it is a very old sport dating back hundreds of years and it was mainly performed by Kings and nobles back in the medieval days.

I know this may look pretty weird on a thread about chickens, the natural prey to most birds of prey….😅. But anyway feel free to stop by all bird of prey enthusiasts are welcome!
Please, Yes. I was just daydreaming today how cool it would be to call a falcon from the sky. I mean... how cool would that look. Can't go wrong with falcon photoshoots.

Please, Yes. I was just daydreaming today how cool it would be to call a falcon from the sky. I mean... how cool would that look. Can't go wrong with falcon photoshoots.
So glad someone showed up! :D I know! :wee

Yeah, they're the best! The even race falcons over in Arabia, like horse racing but way cooler!

Hello! I wouldn’t call myself an expert but I did used to look after this dude at work

DAD471EC-FCCF-41D2-91C4-FCE38E486478.jpeg

I got to say I am very biased toward anything to do with horses though. I am looking forward to watching FEI Extreme Carriage Driving at Christmas. Also got to love a good joust.

I'm into things that fly in general, so definitely love raptors

These are Harris' Hawks. We have a family that hunts pigeons in our neighborhood. I've never had an issue with them messing with the girls.
_DSC8373-Edit.jpg

This is an Aplomado Falcon, used for pest control at a local golf resort
aplomado_falcon1.jpg

But I'm really an owl guy. I would love to have a pet owl to perch on my chair while I read books. This one's a Great horned if I remember correctly. We have a few nesting pairs in the neighborhood as well. I've had to chase one away from the coop on occasion but no other issues (and only when we had chicks out).
great_horned1.jpg

Hello! I wouldn’t call myself an expert but I did used to look after this dude at work

View attachment 2916158

I got to say I am very biased toward anything to do with horses though. I am looking forward to watching FEI Extreme Carriage Driving at Christmas. Also got to love a good joust.
:love:love Thank you for sharing he is beautiful!

I'm into things that fly in general, so definitely love raptors

These are Harris' Hawks. We have a family that hunts pigeons in our neighborhood. I've never had an issue with them messing with the girls.
View attachment 2916259

This is an Aplomado Falcon, used for pest control at a local golf resort
View attachment 2916260

But I'm really an owl guy. I would love to have a pet owl to perch on my chair while I read books. This one's a Great horned if I remember correctly. We have a few nesting pairs in the neighborhood as well. I've had to chase one away from the coop on occasion but no other issues (and only when we had chicks out).
View attachment 2916261
Such beautiful pictures!

View attachment 2916158

harris hawks are just the greatest!

Back
Top Bottom