Falconry anyone? 🦅

I don’t understand how owls are used for falconry, with them being nocturnal and all I‘d think it would seriously hurt their eyes….:idunnoThe daylight sun is hard on them.
If you mean the one in my photo, she's an educational bird who was injured and not able to be re-released. She does a birds of prey show at our AZ Ren Faire.

Having said that, I see the GH in our area active all times of the day. Mostly at night, but not only at night. The ones who live in the garden center at Lowes are very active all day.

I love birds of prey. I use to volunteer at a nature center that focused on birds of prey. It was a lot of fun when we took them out and exercised some of them. I would love to do falconry, but I just don't have that much time to dedicate to something like that.
Me too! :D
It does take a long time of dedicated studying! I’ve studied it for 6 years on end. 😂
I don’t know much but I loooooooove birds. All birds. Earlier today I had to get a bird out of our house lol. It was so cute!!! I learned so much of bird anatomy just from my chooks, like wing structure, feather types, etc. It would be so cool to be a bird of prey.
I didn’t know much either at first. I always wanted to be a falcon! Bird antomy is so similar to our human anatomy! As well as a whales fin. A fin looks just like the human hands skeletal system.

If you mean the one in my photo, she's an educational bird who was injured and not able to be re-released. She does a birds of prey show at our AZ Ren Faire.

Having said that, I see the GH in our area active all times of the day. Mostly at night, but not only at night. The ones who live in the garden center at Lowes are very active all day.
Okay! 😀 Aww, owls in Lowes! So cute.

Wouldn’t you think that would be dangerous to the people though I’ve heard they can be very aggressive.

Me too! :D
It does take a long time of dedicated studying! I’ve studied it for 6 years on end. 😂

I didn’t know much either at first. I always wanted to be a falcon! Bird antomy is so similar to our human anatomy! As well as a whales fin. A fin looks just like the human hands skeletal system.
Bird anatomy is sooo cool
image.jpg

Correct? The top is supposed to be a bird wing (without feathers) and the bottom is supposed to be a human arm (sorry it’s so bad lol) next I’ll do feet/legs which are even more interesting

Hello! I wouldn’t call myself an expert but I did used to look after this dude at work

View attachment 2916158

I got to say I am very biased toward anything to do with horses though. I am looking forward to watching FEI Extreme Carriage Driving at Christmas. Also got to love a good joust.
@Overo Mare !!! I think we need a jousting thread!

I’ve never been to close to one, but love birds of prey! Especially the Bald Eagle!! We mostly get Kits here... so when we see a Red Tailed hawk or any other kind, it’s just all around amazing!!!!!!!
Being close to one is not always wonderful. One of the great horned owls I worked with would hiss at you. And OMG! The breathe was so nasty :sick. Smelled like death.

But the barred owl like to be scratched above its beak. If you stopped, it would look at you like why did you stop.

Back
Top Bottom