Falconry

duckncover

Duck Obsessed
15 Years
Jan 17, 2009
North Eastern PA
Well it's officially my newest and greatest hobby yet! I'm going to be an apprentice soon!

Basically it's hunting but your gun is a giant bird that kills thing for you. I know you'll all hate me now because the red tailed hawk I may get to keep is the most common killer of all your chickens. They are also capable of killing rabbits, squirrels, other birds, ducks, and any little mammal. Heck I've heard of 1 killing an owl.

As chicks they look like a cute

35084464.JPG

But even then they want something bloody to eat.

Basically call me crazy now because "hopefully" by September I'll be climbing up cliffs setting up a trap and catching my new hunting buddy. It's the only legal way for a newbie to get a hawk.
Red%20Tail%20Hawk.jpg

Sorry if I lost a few friends because of this but it's my passion to work side by side with a majestic bird who chooses to hunt with me and at any given moment can fly away forever!

I'd love some input on this. Is anyone on here involved in falconry?

I looked into this a couple years ago, you must apprentice with someone first and get licensed, build enclosure to specs. It's quite a process, I would have started but will be
relocating a few times in the next few years so I decided to wait until I'm settled somewhere for good. Yes, keep us updated through the process , it's still something I would like to do. Instead I'm training for rehabilitating raptors for now so I can be around these majestic birds!

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom