Pics
I have had a few nibble in it even my gander has but not eat it daily. We all know these lil crested aren’t right ( just kidding)maybe that’s it or maybe he needs some calcium. Probably won’t hurt him unless he is only eating it and not his feed.
Do ducks need grit?
Was also wondering if he's being kept from the feed.

Congratulations. You have a Trans duck.
:rolleyes:

Do ducks need grit?
Was also wondering if he's being kept from the feed.

:rolleyes:
Yes, drakes need grit too, but i am talking about the Calcium-supply, which drakes usually won't need. Hence that little guy (?) is a regular customer at the crushed-oyster-bar…
And yes, (s)he gets enough food out of the feeder, my duck flock is very social when it comes to sharing the three ports at the feeder: One port is reserved for Blanca Duck, the other two are being shared…

Thinking also... maybe he's just new to having it available and may be gorging on a new 'food' offering.
All the other drakes have tasted this white stuff and have concluded that this is no drake food. Only Pomponell is coming back multiple times a day. (S)He is also the smallest duck of the flock and he peeped today when i accidentally scared him in the duck-house.
No rasp, no quack, just PEEEEEEP! - And out s(he) dashed. I was collecting the eggs and hidden behind the interior wall…

Back
Top Bottom