Limpy glows?? In the dark? Can he lead Santa's sleigh?
He was glowing in the infrared-spectrum! - Believe it or not, a duck can develop fever too when they have an infection! - Don't know if that is bright enough to be used as a sleigh headlight, though.
They start to drool and pant and do feel hotter to the touch than usual (i have not inserted a thermometer into Limpy's butt). And a little acetaminophen helps them in the same way as it helps us humons.

I bet it would be a sh*tstorm if you tried insertion.

Especially after the pill business. To most of the rest of the flock, @WannaBeHillBilly is the provider of food and good stuff. To Limpy he's that weird creature who sometimes tortures him and if he could talk he'd say, "Just stay away from both ends of me. I'll decide what does in and out of my orifices, thank you much."

Especially after the pill business. To most of the rest of the flock, @WannaBeHillBilly is the provider of food and good stuff. To Limpy he's that weird creature who sometimes tortures him and if he could talk he'd say, "Just stay away from both ends of me. I'll decide what does in and out of my orifices, thank you much."
Limpy knows very well that we (my wife and i) saved his life last year when he suddenly was unable to walk. Sometimes when he is too exhausted after a long summer day he just rasps in "his" pool and wants to be picked up and carried into the duck house, a task that i gladly perform for him. - And if there is a need to insert another pill into one end, i assume that even though he would not like it, in the end he knows that it is for his best so he would not be mad at me for long. Maybe just to the moment when he gets some meal-worms…

Limpy knows very well that we (my wife and i) saved his life last year when he suddenly was unable to walk. Sometimes when he is too exhausted after a long summer day he just rasps in "his" pool and wants to be picked up and carried into the duck house, a task that i gladly perform for him. - And if there is a need to insert another pill into one end, i assume that even though he would not like it, in the end he knows that it is for his best so he would not be mad at me for long. Maybe just to the moment when he gets some meal-worms…

Mealworms cure all hard feelings in ducks. Limpy's a lucky boy to have you.

Back
Top Bottom