Fall Hatch! Anybody with me??

Quote:
Sounds like your going to have a neat mixture...

I had one hatch already.. Hubby sent me a pic but it's not good at all!! Can't wait to see them when I get off in the morning!!
thumbsup.gif

Hooray! So fun to get to go home to chicks! I almost prefer it. It saves me the constant staring and stressing and checking when I'm home. Post pictures!

Quote:
Sounds like your going to have a neat mixture...

I had one hatch already.. Hubby sent me a pic but it's not good at all!! Can't wait to see them when I get off in the morning!!
thumbsup.gif

Hooray! So fun to get to go home to chicks! I almost prefer it. It saves me the constant staring and stressing and checking when I'm home. Post pictures!

Yes you do seem to stress to the extreme don't you Cielo!!
wink.png

Hey wait!! When are your others going on lockdown??

Last edited:
Quote:

wink.png

All mine have hatched! I have 4 week old Turkens in that awkward stage where they are mostly feathered but still got some fluff so they look all mangy. Also I have my California Grey chicks that are 8 days now. They are getting their wing feathers.
1128111149a.jpg

None of my Leghorn eggs made it. I think they were packed poorly. Many clears, a couple quit early and only one ever developed much and then I accidentally broke it...
sad.png

I'm all babied out for now. As long as I can keep myself from participating in the New Years Day hatch on here... Hmm... I think you have to start the eggs on Dec. 11th... I should look at hatching eggs...
big_smile.png

How are your chicks!?
jumpy.gif
pop.gif

Well, out of the 11 that I put on lockdown 8 hatched!!!
woot.gif

I lost 2 babies last night & I'm not sure why. Only thing I can think of is they got too hot but they had plenty of room to get out of the heat lamp. So i'm a little sad today.

Last edited:
Quote:
wink.png

All mine have hatched! I have 4 week old Turkens in that awkward stage where they are mostly feathered but still got some fluff so they look all mangy. Also I have my California Grey chicks that are 8 days now. They are getting their wing feathers.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/Cielo_Acosta/1128111149a.jpg
None of my Leghorn eggs made it. I think they were packed poorly. Many clears, a couple quit early and only one ever developed much and then I accidentally broke it...
sad.png

I'm all babied out for now. As long as I can keep myself from participating in the New Years Day hatch on here... Hmm... I think you have to start the eggs on Dec. 11th... I should look at hatching eggs...
big_smile.png

How are your chicks!?
jumpy.gif
pop.gif

Cuties.... Where is the like button on NYD hatch and auctions?
smile.png

Quote:
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/Cielo_Acosta/1128111149a.jpg
sad.png

big_smile.png

How are your chicks!?
jumpy.gif
pop.gif

Cuties.... Where is the like button on NYD hatch and auctions?
smile.png

NYD!!
big_smile.png
I have eggs coming to try for some NYD hatching! RIRs. I had to talk myself into a sensible chicken. No more fancy birds this Winter. Time to think about Spring/Summer laying flock building.
I'm excited because my whole immediate family will be over. My family gets together for New Years and 4th of July instead of Christmas and Thanksgiving. I hope to be able to show and teach my nieces about incubation and chickens.
jumpy.gif

Is this thread still alive? I hope so.

Barred. Did you ever post pics of your new babies? How are you?

Last edited:
Quote:
No, I never posted pics!! Just never took any. Still can't believe I lost 2 of them!!
hit.gif

Sorry you lost some...
sad.png
It's sad to lose babies.

How many chickens do you have in your laying flock? The one you sell eggs from? How much do you sell your eggs for? I ask because I'm having a designated layer flock this coming Spring/Summer for the first time. I've sold eggs before but only when I had extras.

Quote:
Thanks it was!!

I have 18 that are strictly my egg layers with one roo. I have 8 Speckled Sussex with another roo and 6 Golden Cuckoo Marans with another roo. I use all the eggs to sell when I'm not hatching them out!! I sell them for $2.00 a dozen!

Back
Top Bottom