Fall Swap (va. W Va, Tn, Nc) MARION VA TOMORROW!! starting at 10:00am

Quote:
Actually the one in the spring was our second one.. The first one was last fall, and the weather was horrible!! All that show'd up really was BYC members and we pretty much swaped and sold between ourselves. Their was just a few outsiders. Theirs a link on it somewhere on here with pics.

The one this passed spring there was alot of outside people that came to buy and a few BYC members selling. We also had a vet day so alot was there for that. Both times I've sold the majority of what I bring and I normally bring 20+ birds.

I'm hoping for an even better turn out this time. If you dont care to help us advertise That would be great!!! I've put a listing on The southwest VA and Tri CIties TN craigslist but not anywhere else.. I had to keep rewording the listing to get it to allow me to post it those to places.

THanks!!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Brandon. This is the 3rd swap. We started out thinking 'annual' then ended up semi-annual cause we had so much fun. lol

The 1st one was last fall and then we did a Spring one and now this one. The Spring one from this year went well. The location that Pampered gets for us is also used for Vet Day so there were quite a few non-BYC folks there.
I wasnt at the 1st one as I was ill but I heard lots of good things and I am sure that someone that was there will share how it went.

We would love any advertising that you can do. I think I have the flyer on this laptop now. I will sent it over to you later this afternoon to pull the information off of. Thank you!!!

Quote:
Hey Brandon. This is the 3rd swap. We started out thinking 'annual' then ended up semi-annual cause we had so much fun. lol

The 1st one was last fall and then we did a Spring one and now this one. The Spring one from this year went well. The location that Pampered gets for us is also used for Vet Day so there were quite a few non-BYC folks there.
I wasnt at the 1st one as I was ill but I heard lots of good things and I am sure that someone that was there will share how it went.

We would love any advertising that you can do. I think I have the flyer on this laptop now. I will sent it over to you later this afternoon to pull the information off of. Thank you!!!

Ha Ha we was thinking alike at the same time.. thats scary! lol

Quote:

Ha Ha we was thinking alike at the same time.. thats scary! lol

I am going with ....Great minds think alike...lol

I added it on our website as a BYC swap if that's ok? Just let me know where on craigslist you want me to post about the swap. We really hope to make it out there one year but have to be up for a long trip.

Brandon

My list for what I am bringing decreased quite a bit a few mins ago..met some very nice BYC'ers and they bought alot of what I had for sale.

I now will have only
3 pairs of OEGB spangles
extra OEGB barred hens
7 silkies mostly pet quality
Buff cochin bantam hen
Barred Bantam cochin roo (if I can talk my DH to part with him)
trio of sizzles, smooth roo and 2 frizz sizzle hens
2 frizz black bantam cochin hens (may keep and use the barred bantam roo if DH want part with lol)
blue frizz bantam roo
Millie fluer D'uccle roo
pair of standard wellsummers
2 gold lankenvelder hens (only bringing if any one is interested)

I just sold the lionhead rabbit
blue mottled D'uccle pair
black mottled D'uccle pair and 2 extra hens
trio of mottled bantam cochins
pair of silver laced wyandottes
smile.png

Last edited:
Hey Candace, how old is your Buff cochin bantam hen? I have a young pair...very young..and was thinking about getting another hen. So I just may take her. Let me know, hun.

Thanks!

Laurie

Let me know what you want for her, Candace and what day you can bring her to work with you. And I can meet you at work before you go in. Mine are 3 months old so that'll be perfect! My little pullet is a brave little girl. Every time I stick my hand into the coop she's in, she comes running at me and tries to peck me. I've been making sure that I have treats in my hand so she actually takes those and not my skin! LOL!!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom