FALL

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tink, Sep 21, 2007.

1. tink

tink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2007
    upstate SC
    Yeah!!!!! I call tell fall is really here!!! A flock of 30 geese just flew over my house honking away......
    I love this time of year. PS I could hear them because my windows are OPEN!!!!
    Tink:)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I work next to the TN river, and they are definitely gearing up for the trip farther South. Funny thing is, we have some here all winter. I guess ours go further South for the Northern geese that think this is far enough?

3. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    I love it when the canadian geese start making their migration. My ducks get this quizical look on their faces, when they hear them pass through, like "should we be doing something?"

We also recently had a great storm come through, as in the air temp plumeted, the wind kicked up, the rain gathered muster, and we even had a touch of lightning. Ah, fresh cool air!

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Yes !! We're cooling off here, well it's 90 degreees instead of 100 [​IMG] At night it's been getting down in the 60's.
    I live in a big agricultural area in north La so alot of those geese will be heading this way.There are hundreds of open fields behind our place,come winter time it will be full of thousands of geese!! I love to watch them come in & land & them take off again. Beautiful sight.

5. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Fall isn't here. It's still 89 degrees!!
    At least where I am.

6. tink

tink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2007
    upstate SC
    I am sorry....it will get there soon. Think good thoughts..
    tink:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by