Family in FL I can't reach. What's up with Fay?

Cassandra

Ranger Rick
12 Years
Oct 27, 2007
Southwest Mississippi
My aunt Susan & her husband Craig are in Macclenny, FL. Craig is working on a construction job in Jacksonville. They are living in a 5th wheel travel trailer somewhere. I have not been able to get Susan on the phone today. Her cell just says "not accepting calls" when I try.

I talked to her yesterday & she told me they were only expecting some heavy rain. But I saw in the news this morning there was a lot of flooding around Jacksonville. I think they are probably fine. Just wondering how it's going over there.

Cassandra

Well, there may be some flooding in Jax but I'm not sure it's due to Fay...that could change later tonight. Another 5-10 inches of rain are expected in northeast Florida.

Right now she is hovering along the coast of Volusia County. Expected to make a third landfall (!) between New Smyrna Beach and St. Augustine.

Here in east Lake County, we have seen some rain and a little wind, but the only thing "tropical" about this storm has been that the temperature feels much cooler but the humidity is still very high...that's what I always notice when a tropical system is coming through.

Hope your family is okay!

We're just south of Jax and it's not bad here at all. a little rain and wind. I know that they closed one of the really tall bridge last night but it's open again, and thier having a few power outages, but I'm sure your family is just fine. It's not bad at all "right now"! My DH is at McD'S right now getting breakfast.

Well, you know, she'd told me that Craig's job had closed down for a few days because of the weather, so she went to the library & got her some books & they got supplies and emergency food and stuff to last them a few days.

They may have turned their phones off and be pretending they aren't home--spending some time together. They don't get much "alone time" when he's working six 10's.

Cassandra (if the house is a rockin'...)

More power outages in Jax, but it hasn't got much worse. Just about 35 mph winds knocking limbs and some trees into power lines. I'm sure that they are still just fine.
smile.png

hey i am 20 minutes from Macclenny so far we got alot of rain the latest update i have gotten on fay is this....

THE NATL WEATHER SVC IN JAX FL HAS ISSUED A FLOOD
WARNING FOR THE FOLLOWING RIVERS IN FL.

SANTA FE RIVER AT FORT WHITE AFFECTING ALACHUA.BRADFORD.
COLUMBIA.GILCHRIST.SUWANNEE & UNION COUNTIES
.MODERATE FLOODING IS FORECAST.

EXPECTED HEAVY RAINFALL FROM TROPICAL STORM FAY WILL CAUSE FLOODING
ALONG THE SANTE FE RIVER AT FORT WIHTE. THE RIVER IS EXPECTED TO
GO ABOVE THE FLOOD STAGE OF 24 FEET ON SUN MORNING & CONTINUE A
RISE TO 26.2 FEET ON MON NIGHT.
if i hear anymore updates will let you know.. we have a friend in maccleny also and they are alright so has not gotten to bad as of yet

Try to contact your local HAM radio club.
Often they can get in contact with a HAM that may be near your people and can drive there to contact them.

I'm on the Westside of Jax, about 10 minutes from Macclenny.

We are having some power outtages.

REALLY windy and some sideways rain.

You're family is probably fine. No reports of tornados yet.

Back
Top Bottom