Family of 5 in High Desert starting from scratch!

mushkamekim

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I helped raise a chicken when I was about 19 years old. My grandpa raised chickens for eggs and meat and I helped for a while. We don't have our own chickens yet. We're preparing ourselves for chicks and what is best suited for our little family.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None
(3) What breeds do you have?
None

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We would love to have our own eggs and the children learn the cycle of life and where food comes from.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Cooking, reading, energy work, oils, learning about homesteading and permaculture.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We are a husband and wife (planning a backyard wedding on our property). We moved for his work. We have 3 beautiful children, almost 6 yrs old, 4 yrs old and a 4 month old. I am a former Nurse for 14 years. I turned to a more simple and natural life style after the birth of my second child. Now we're here, realizing our simple lifestyle dreams and looking for a community to help start and get ideas.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I searched for chickens to buy near my area on duck duck go.

Back
Top Bottom