Fan or no fan?

eggcited2

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Illinois
I know absolutly nothing about incubating and hatching eggs.

I am planning on starting small. One of the foam kind that is not expensive. And also getting an egg turner.

Should I get one with a fan or get one without?

I don't have much money to get the incubator and turner, so please keep that in mind if you give me advice of any specific brand to get.

Fan's are always better.

Buy the Genesis 1588 with a turner. You won't regret it.
I was looking at that one, but it doesn't say a fan comes with it.

The Turbofan Hova-bator 1583 does have a fan.

Does the Genesis 1588 have a fan and just doesn't have that listed in it's information?

I have the 1583 and love it. The reason for it was the four kids here and need of large viewing area at hatch time. As for a turner I don't use one. I turn manually twice a day. It can be as easy as tilting the entire incubator by placing a book or something under one side then in 12 hours place it under the other side thus turning your eggs. I, like many here, use egg cartons to place eggs in incubator fat side up. So if money is tight don't worry about the turner, my hatch rate is over 85% only turning twice a day. If the picture window isn't a necessity for you then model 2362 is the standard model with forced air fan installed. $88 shipping included.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GQF-Manufac...231?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23289766b7

We built our incubator out of a styro box with a fan and used a digital temp controller it so far works good. We just put the sggs into lockdown so the next fsw days will determine if it is a success. When I was a kid we just used a wood box and a light bulb

Back
Top Bottom