Farm chatter

Are they mean like people say they are?
Not all. I had a really sweet ISA brown cockerel who would let me pick him up and pet him. He passed away so young and suddenly :hit
I also had a RIR that was a butt in the same batch. And of course, he had the longest sharpest spurs. It was probably just him being RIR though :confused:

Not all. I had a really sweet ISA brown cockerel who would let me pick him up and pet him. He passed away so young and suddenly :hit
I also had a RIR that was a butt in the same batch. And of course, he had the longest sharpest spurs. It was probably just him being RIR though :confused:
All my RIRs were mean. Only had one that was friendly. So I stopped raising them.

Not sure what you mean.
Do you know why some of your roos are buttheads? Anything different about them, in particular?

I'm looking for rooster magic, lol. While I won't get rid of mine, he has pushed my buttons a lot. I told my hubby that if any of my new chicks are accidental cockerels, my roo is probably out of a job.

He's been better this summer, though. This last spring, I was ready to send him off. Maybe my big rooster stick has taught him to respect my space. That's all I was hoping for.

But I'd like a cuddly roo... someday...

Do you know why some of your roos are buttheads? Anything different about them, in particular?

I'm looking for rooster magic, lol. While I won't get rid of mine, he has pushed my buttons a lot. I told my hubby that if any of my new chicks are accidental cockerels, my roo is probably out of a job.

He's been better this summer, though. This last spring, I was ready to send him off. Maybe my big rooster stick has taught him to respect my space. That's all I was hoping for.

But I'd like a cuddly roo... someday...
Demon- Black Sumatra wants to kick my butt every day. He was raised the same as the other roosters I have.

Cinder- Black Silkie Bites me constantly, but hasn't bitten me lately since he's been in the run. Raised the same way as the other roosters.

Daredevil- Porcelain D'uccle, occasionally bites me, or tries to kick my hand. He really hates my dad. He attacked my face once when I was checking for eggs, but hasn't went after me since. Raised the same way as the other roosters.

Back
Top Bottom