Farm chatter

Good morning.
Good afternoon. :)
I have so many broodies in the Bantam coop it's crazy.

2 Red JungleFowl hybrids

2 Silkies

1 Japanese Bantam mix

I may have missed one.
Awww... I have the hen that's my avvy who is broody and it's driving me crazy! :lol: Her name is Maisy, she's a Cuckoo Maran (mix?) It's driving me crazy because I currently don't have a rooster and I want to hatch chicks possibly as much as she does! Of all the years that I had broodies hatching out chicks, I've never had such a broody hen. Whenever I moved the broodies of the past, the biggest speed bump with them was trying to get the broody used to the change of nesting box and coop. Maisy on the other hand would set anywhere! She's so broody I can take her out of the nesting box and set her on my lap, and she'll try incubating my lap as if it's a nest! So many times I take her out of an empty nest! I just can't stand it! I really hope that I can get either chicks or hatching eggs somewhere!
:frow

Good afternoon. :)

Awww... I have the hen that's my avvy who is broody and it's driving me crazy! :lol: Her name is Maisy, she's a Cuckoo Maran (mix?) It's driving me crazy because I currently don't have a rooster and I want to hatch chicks possibly as much as she does! Of all the years that I had broodies hatching out chicks, I've never had such a broody hen. Whenever I moved the broodies of the past, the biggest speed bump with them was trying to get the broody used to the change of nesting box and coop. Maisy on the other hand would set anywhere! She's so broody I can take her out of the nesting box and set her on my lap, and she'll try incubating my lap as if it's a nest! So many times I take her out of an empty nest! I just can't stand it! I really hope that I can get either chicks or hatching eggs somewhere!

:frow
I have lots of fertile eggs, but I just can't ship them, unless I ship them as a food item, since I'm not NPIP Certified yet.

It's noon here.

I have lots of fertile eggs, but I just can't ship them, unless I ship them as a food item, since I'm not NPIP Certified yet.

It's noon here.
That's ok. I have neighbors that have roosters, so if I can get my Mom's permission, I hope that I can ask them if they can sell me some fertile eggs. The only thing, is any eggs would probably be barnyard mixes, and probably not purebreds like what you are offering. Either way, with Maisy, I'm thinking that Maisy can incubate 7-8 eggs, 10 at most, not a whole dozen like the other broodies that I've had in the past. She's a small bird. I hope that you can get NPIP Certified, that'll be exciting! :)

That's ok. I have neighbors that have roosters, so if I can get my Mom's permission, I hope that I can ask them if they can sell me some fertile eggs. The only thing, is any eggs would probably be barnyard mixes, and probably not purebreds like what you are offering. Either way, with Maisy, I'm thinking that Maisy can incubate 7-8 eggs, 10 at most, not a whole dozen like the other broodies that I've had in the past. She's a small bird. I hope that you can get NPIP Certified, that'll be exciting! :)
Okay.

Planning to some day.

If I were to ship you eggs, any particular breeds you'd want, or do you not mind mixes?

The purest coop would be my project Orpington coop.
I'm not quite sure what you got. I'd love some of your EEs that you had mentioned. I'd love to get a Malay, but their size might not mix well with my flock. What colors and types (hatchery, American, and/or English) Orpingtons do you have?

Back
Top Bottom