Farm chatter

I'm not quite sure what you got. I'd love some of your EEs that you had mentioned. I'd love to get a Malay, but their size might not mix well with my flock. What colors and types (hatchery, American, and/or English) Orpingtons do you have?
I have American Buff, & Project Wheaten Crele Orpingtons. I'm 3 generations in with them, but any chicks would be 4th generation.

I have a welsummer rooster in the coop, which hasn't successfully fathered any chicks due to an old Pelvic injury that didn't heal properly.

Another Rooster is a Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock, plus a couple hens. You may get Heritage Rock mixes out of the Orpington's eggs.

Marthe is still doing the same. Shes eating and drinking with vigor and is pretty good at waddling around. theres definitely a lot of sprawling and flailing, but she can get her legs underneath her and "stand" on her hocks (I think that's what youd call it... the leg between her knee and her foot is flat on the ground).
20210621_125100.jpg

I have Americ Buff, & Project Wheaten Crele Orpingtons. I'm 3 generations in with them, but any chicks would be 4th generation.

I have a welsummer rooster in the coop, which hasn't successfully fathered any chicks due to an old Pelvic injury that didn't heal properly.

Another Rooster is a Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock, plus a couple hens. You may get Heritage Rock mixes out of the Orpington's eggs.
Oh wow! Wheaten Crele? Those got to be gorgeous! You are living the dream! I don't know if you already are, but if you're not, you really ought to look into showing your Orpingtons. I used to have the American Buff. I did a little bit of breeding with them, but by time I got seriously into breeding, they all were into retirement. I had one pure ABO hen, Joy, who was my top brooder for a lot of years after the rest of the ABOs left. From my original ABOs, I got some Buff Comets, and from those, I got a barnyard mix group that I called Douglas Whites. My Douglas Whites were my prize. They were these EE hybrids. They were excellent layers of large to jumbo blue to blue green eggs. The biggest issue I had with them was one the hatches, I was more likely to get mostly cockerels for whatever reason, than pullets. Whereas with my ABOs and Buff Comets, I was hatching more pullets than cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom