Farm Day 2013 - Peafowl photos!

Great pictures !
No more picture of spalding emerald pied or spalding emerald silver pied ?

The large salad is probably Colocasia gigantea Thailand Strain - the largest colocasia!
I think I have about 1 more photo of the emerald pied peacock. He was hard to photograph...All he did was walk back and forth back and forth and he was so tall that when he walks behind the roost it would block his face so I had a limited window to snap a photo of him when his face wasn't hidden. The front of his neck has a few random green feathers. He definitely has neat markings.

I am a fan of huge leafed plants. Thank you for the identification!

Pretty spalding bronze pied are even rarer. This hen is out of a trio that came from Josh at Rocking BAB. She is probably going to be traded back to Josh.
That is a pretty girl! When you say "traded back to Josh" does that mean you are going to try and trade her for a peach or something? I always thought bird trades are cool.

We liked the "panda" cow. I somehow missed seeing piglets my wife and her friend were talking about. I was more interested in the birds and her the animals. Go figure.
tongue.png
I did like the big tortoises though. That was funny when some little kids were riding em.

So you saw the tortoises? I didn't see them at all! Where were they? After we left I realized we never saw the tortoises. I didn't see the piglets but I heard some ladies saying, "Oh look at the pigs!" and one lady said, "Those are pigs? I thought they were puppies!" It was funny but when I heard that I was to busy eating to go over and look. We had to stand in line for a long time to wait for food but it was worth it. There was some good food there and I saved some of my hotdog bread to feed the birds. I was surprised when I threw little bits of bread to the birds and they looked at it and didn't eat it! One chicken ate some but other than that most of the birds pecked at it and didn't know what to do with it. If my birds were there they would be running up to me for some bread. That is the interesting thing about different people's birds. They like to eat different things.

Hi MinxFox
nice pictures I saw some good greens. The face colour from the female ( ''This peahen had an interesting face ) is verry good I saw it at some females from Cambodia and Java. Thank you for sharing with us
I thought about some of your photographs when I looked at this peahen because I remembered some of your photos showed peahens with that grey area around the eye. Your photos and descriptions have been very helpful to me.

Here is another photo of the Spalding pied:

The rest of the photos are of the sheepdogs doing some herding, photos of all green pens with the pen #, and a few more close ups of some of the peafowl. I will try and upload the rest tomorrow.

I like his ' 2 colors ' bermuda !
Spalding emerald with long legs are the Borzoi of the peacocks .... aristocrats ... first class!
Were there youngs from this peacock for sale?
Perhaps ... spalding emerald dark pied !

Last edited:
The tortoises were right in middle. Like if you hung a right after you looked at that beautiful pied spalding. He was a stunner. I can see why Josh and Elton are trying to make these. Be a dollar or two to be made here to peafowl enthusiasts.
wink.png
He did have a few others Dany but nothing like this this big boy, maybe one other besides this one got my attention,

I like his ' 2 colors ' bermuda !
Spalding emerald with long legs are the Borzoi of the peacocks .... aristocrats ... first class!
Were there youngs from this peacock for sale?
Perhaps ... spalding emerald dark pied !
Josh talked a little about this peacock. I think he was saying he doesn't have many offspring to sell from this bird yet. He might be planning on keeping a few of the offspring to breed. I am not sure but he certainly loves this peacock a lot and I am sure the offspring would sell quickly. I am probably going to call him tomorrow and hopefully see him this weekend so in that time I will ask him about offspring from this peacock. I know he is experienced with shipping peafowl and ships birds often, in fact that is why I had to wait a few days before calling. He has been busy working on shipping out birds.

They had a sheep herding demonstration with two sheep dogs. These dogs were amazing and so friendly!

I went back to the row of pens with American Greens, Spaldings, and Imported Greens and took a photo of each pen showing the pen number.
Pen 44

Pen 43

Pen 42

Pen 41 - The American Green pen that Josh said he thinks has pure Javanese birds.

Pen 40

Pen 39

Pen 38 - This is the Spalding Pied peacock's pen.

Pen 37

Pen 36- This pen has the two spalding whites and here is a close up of one of the peahens in this pen.

Pen 35

Pen 34

---------------
Pen 33-25 are imported birds. I kept walking from the highest number to the lowest so sorry if it is confusing.
I didn't keep track of the ones I guessed wrong, but this pen I guessed "Imperators ?" and Josh said it was a good idea to put a question mark. He said he imported these birds from Wolfgang and noticed they looked different than the previous Wolfgang birds. He found out they were from some new birds Wolfgang got from a friend.

Pen 32: I guessed Muticus Muticus

Pen 31: I guessed Spicifer

Pen 30: I guessed Imperator

Pen 29: I guessed Imperator here too.

Pen 28: I know for sure that these are Muticus Muticus. That peacock was coming up to everyone. This photo shows a lady who raises chickens talking to the peacock getting photos of him with her phone.

The friendlier peahen was preening while standing on a rock.

The lady really had the peacock's attention so I was able to get a good photo of his feathers. I really love this photo.

Pen 27: I guessed Muticus Muticus

Pen 26: I guessed Imperator

Pen 25: I guessed Spicifer

Here is the Opal peacock still enjoying the big perch in the flight pen.

Here is a photo of some of the other birds in the flight pen.

Well that concludes all of the photos I took! It was definitely a fun day!

This beautiful emerald spalding pied peacock came probably from a double cross with green peacock because the green feathers are green / gold most of the emerald spalding pied are green / blue.
http://www.texaspeafowl.com/images/empied.JPG

This cock from Josh, must be the real Spalding pied 15/16 !
I think the females emerald spalding pied do not have the quality of this peacock ... they are spalding green / blue.

Where are the spaldings of the photo galery on the site ?
No spalding emerald silver pied ?

Spalding ... or pur green :
Pants, shorts ... or bermuda of Spalding are often two-tone ( brown - black ) or aren't so dark.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom