Farm Day/Chicken Swap - Tractor Supply Co., Sanford, Maine

Last June swap was really great despite the weather and the rain at the beginning of the swap.

Sorry no photo's this time, I forgot my camera.

We had a decent crowd and everybody was happy.

I learned the the TSC in Scarborough, Maine will be having a farm day of their own starting this July 16th.

Next Sanford, maine TSC swap is on July 9th from 9 am to 1 pm.

See ya at the swap

bob

info for the scarborough swap: July 16th, (sat) Scarborough TSC from 10am to 2 pm Poultry Swap/ Farm Day!
found we had this listed on the maine swaps 2011 thread. are they planning on having more do you know?

Last edited:
Quote:
From what I have heard from the person organizing it she would like to but it will probably depend on how well it goes. I will probably go just to see what is available. Being so close I would have liked to have something to sell but I have nothing I want to part with right now. My Saxony ducks are growing out nicely but I want to keep them. Other than that all my young chickens are staying since I got lucky with the last batch and ended up with all pullets. Well I still don't know about the silkies but no one in that group has yet to crow. The older chickens are too much part of the homestead to go anywhere else.

Hi ya everybody,

The next TSC swap for Sanford, Maine is July 9th from 9 am to 1 pm.

Every one chant .... no rain ... no rain .... no rain

I managed to buy a very nice bulletin board at a yard sale, so I'll have the dates posted and if anyone has business cards they can post those on the board.

I'll be bringing the remainder of my black australorp chick's which are now a month old, also some leopard gecko's.

Trying to entice people that sell produce, bakery goods, plants, goat cheese, milk.

I would appreciate it if you know anyone who would be interested plese pass the word.

Thanks and see ya at the swap.

bob and michelle

Anyone going to Sanford this weekend who has Muscovy ducklings? I am looking for about 5. I currently have two drakes who are competing for my one female and would like to see if I can get at least another two females even if I have to grow them out from babies.

Stan40: Not fair to tempt me with leopard geckos. They are such a great, easy-going little lizard. And just because I have the space for one does not mean I need one. I had one years ago while I was working as a zoo keeper in Chicago. They made great lizards to take out on what we called Traveling Zoo. That was when we would take an assortment of animals to schools, day cares, nursing homes and festivals to let the public get up close and personal.

We are for sure coming to this one again. Didn't do too bad last swap even with the rain.

Have 3 hen turkeys left. 8 month old Royal Palm, a beltsville white and a narragansett, were told these girls are two years old, they are laying now. $20.00 each or $45.00 for all three will only bring them if someone for sure wants them cause will not have room in the truck for them on the return trip
smile.png

Also still have:
Silkie Males (8 months old 3 left, pretty nice looking boys and friendly) $5.00 each
Millie Fleur D'Anvers male $5.00-8 months
Quail D'anvers male $5.00-8 months

Couple pairs of buff faverolles-about 5 months old $10. per pair
Quail D'Anvers young pair-$15.00
Millie Fleur D'anvers young pair $10.00

Will also bring a couple little giant incubators w/egg turners, these work great not needed anymore $35.00 each, have one with a fan kit for $45.00 (if you want this one let me know can bring it instead of the one in the truck)

Large Chocolate Muscovy Drake

Misc. chicks
smile.png

I am sure there will be others before we get to the day....

Also if anyone wants hatching eggs let me know $10.00 per dozen from the breeds Sarah has that she shows, they are all purebred, we are just going to slow up on hatching very soon. Can not say how many of what. There are Bantams and LF cochins.

Just got back from the swap. I was there right at nine so not many vendors. But I did get five Lavender muscovy ducklings.
smile.png
. Was tempted by some call ducks but was wise enough not to bring too much cash with me. Plenty of silkie chicks too. Good thing my brooders are full right now with a few turkeys, ducks and some mutt chicks or I would have found an ATM.
On to Scarborough for next week. The mutt chicks will be ready to go so I will have something to sell for the first time this year.

Looking for some pullets 8 wks or older or hens (any age) any type (layers not meat birds) - anyone going to the swap on the 16th and bringing some?

Quote:
is the 16th the one in scarborough?
we plan to go to the one in sanford on the 23 rd i think it is and i have well right now
11 week old amberlinks

Back
Top Bottom