Farm innovations 4250 New Model

Mozbornj

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2021
I have a fairly new farm innovations 4250 incubator.
I have an additional thermometer/hygrometer in it. The fist hatch was great. Temps stayed constant. I have tried 4 other hatches since and the temp has reached as high as 111 degrees. Before my first batch I ran it for a week and the temp stayed perfect. After my third incubation attempt I did it again and it held constant temps.
When eggs are in there the temp will not stay so start at all. Fluctuating from 98-106 typically, but like I said it got to 111 last night for some period of time with 40 new eggs in it.
My others of the same model hold temps way more constant.
I’ve tried it in rooms with constant temps from 70 in my house to 80 in our brooder house (yes it’s a conditioned air building).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

My father has the same one and it was working fine and then the same thing happened to him so I took a towel and wrapped it around the sides where you open it so to keep in the air but don't cover the top part where the hole is for the air and see if that might work.

My father has the same one and it was working fine and then the same thing happened to him so I took a towel and wrapped it around the sides where you open it so to keep in the air but don't cover the top part where the hole is for the air and see if that might work.
I will try that. ITs just crazy that it could get that high.

Back
Top Bottom